Home > Announcements > Account Tracker for Mac update

Account Tracker for Mac update

I have spent a fair bit of the Christmas and New Year break working on a Mac version of Account Tracker. I have the high level design done, and the app is happily reading the latest backup file from Dropbox, displaying a list of groups/accounts with balances, and for each one a list of transactions in settings order … etc. You can show/hide reconciled transactions, and filter/search the transaction list.

OS X development is a bit of a nightmare compared with iOS (understatement of the year so far!!), and a lot of trivial things have taken days to figure out. However progress is being made, albeit slowly. :-)

Next steps are implementing the budgets and reports screens, to provide a read-only version for testing. I will provide another update in a few weeks.

1. Miles Wakeford
    November 19, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Are you still working on this? If available, I will buy. i use it on iPhone and iPad and have recently switched to a Mac pc for office work

Regards

Miles

• November 19, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Hi Miles, yes – see my website for 6 further updates, the latest 2 days ago.

2. Martin
    January 7, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Just wanted to say that I think Account Tracker for Mac would be a winner and the time is now! I have tried a few mac personal-finance apps from the app store and they are all either US centric or are ridden with basic bugs. Looking at the feedback on these apps, users are getting frustrated and many folk are hunting around for an app that just does the basics really well! Pls let us know when you can work on it!

• January 7, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Hi Martin, I am working on it now, but can’t say when it will be ready. It will be done when it’s done. :-)

• Martin
        January 8, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Perfect! Thanks Graham!

3. Matthew Oldfield
    December 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Graham – I would also love to see a mac version of Account Tracker – and would happily beta test. A great app… Matt

4. ericheaton@sky.com
    October 3, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Hi Graham, been no posts on here for a while so I’d just like to add my support towards your efforts on developing Mac version of account tracker. Hope work is progressing well and if you need anymre beta testers I am willing to assist. Kind regards Eric

5. ANDREW MACKRILL
    April 29, 2012 at 9:37 am

Hi Graham, I currently use the Accounts app on my iPhone, and MS Money on a laptop, just bought a Mac so really happy to see your developing a Mac version of Accounts. Also happy to be a tester on this.
    ps also use your meter reading app v. good.

Thanks Andrew

• April 29, 2012 at 10:12 am

HI Andrew, thanks for the offer. I’m not making much progress, but will be back on it soon!

6. April 29, 2012 at 1:13 am

Having spent a two years reviewing & trying mac & IOS apps to finally try & stop using MS Money in a VMware session you may have just done it for me. If the forthcoming OS X app is anything like the IOS app it’s a must have. I’m nearly finished reviewing the IOS app and if the reconciliation feature works as expected I’m buying the full version.

7. Harminder Judge
    April 10, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Account tracker is amazing, if i could get it on my mac as well as my iphone and have them update automatically via iCloud you would be my new GOD!! Thank you for developing these brill apps! :)

8. Ed
    March 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Having Account Tracker on my Mac and my iPhone will be the best thing since sliced bread!

I’m really looking forward to this.

Ed

9. Jon Darby
    March 15, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Hi Graham.

Just wanted to add my name to the list of willing beta testers for the OSX version of the accounts app.

I actually came to your website looking to see if there was a way of exporting my data into another Mac app only to find that your are developing one – Happy Days!!

It is great having it on my iPhone and iPad but really miss a Mac client to ‘complete’ the app. I have even been tempted away from Account Tracker and tried apps like Moneywell as it had both iPhone and Mac clients but just did not find the functionality as good as your app.

Keep up the good work, you make some great apps, and I appreciate that it will take some time to get the Mac app up and running but am sure it will be gladly received when available.

Best regards

Jon

• March 15, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Hi Jon, thanks!

10. Paul
    March 3, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Hi,
    Firstly can I thank you for the app. It is perfect for my home banking and savings.
    I used Microsoft Money and Quicken in the past on PC. I am now doing everything also on account tracker. I plan to cease using Microsoft Money and Quicken at next year end.
    I have one question.
    Every year end with Microsoft Money and Quicken I have archived the previous year.
    What is your recommendation for each year end using account tracker.

Regards
    Paul.

• March 3, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Hi Paul, at the moment you don’t really have an option. Either you leave everything there, you delete everything, or you delete transactions one at a time. I really need to think about this a bit more.

11. February 15, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Hi Graham. If you need testers for the Mac version count me in.

I use the iphone app on a daily basis.

12. February 14, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I have been using this app for a while on both iPhone & iPad (which is the best finance app on these items) but I am looking for a program that I can use on these devices as well as on my Mac at home.
    Having just discovered you are developing a Mac OS product I will stick to my present clunky system of using CSV and then copying the details to a spreadsheet with a view to aquiring the Mac OS version once it is available. Hope this isn’t to far away (this year?)

Keep up the good work

Paul

• February 14, 2012 at 5:56 pm

HI Paul, slow progress unfortunately, but each update I do to the iOS version is helping. This year? Yes, I certainly expect so.

• Paul Fozzard
        February 15, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Glad progress is being made, I accept it is slow progress – ready when it is ready.
        Just to echo others on here, if you require testers I am willing to help out.

Paul

13. Ronald Patrick Molcher
    February 12, 2012 at 9:30 am

Looking forward to mac version if you need testers I am willing and available

• February 12, 2012 at 9:44 am

Hi Ronald, thanks!

14. Maryanne
    February 11, 2012 at 7:22 am

Can’t wait for the mac version! Work faster LOL

15. Carl Goodwin
    January 23, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Have this on both iPad and iPhone. Just been looking on your website for exactly this, your MAC OS release is eagerly anticipated!!! Brilliant news

Carl

16. Claire Hamilton
    January 21, 2012 at 6:06 pm

The answer to my prayers! Love using your account tracker app, and the ability to view and sync with the Mac would be great. Keep up the hard work.

Claire

17. Andrew Hirst
    January 4, 2012 at 8:06 am

Sounds great!

I’m available for beta testing if required :-)

Regards,