Support (Account Tracker)

help

Thank you for visiting my support page for Account Tracker and Account Tracker PRO.

Before asking a question, PLEASE check the Known Issues and Frequently Asked Questions sections below. Also read/refer to the built in User Guide (at the bottom of the Settings screen). It only takes ONE question during the lifetime of an app to wipe out any and all profit from you as a user (even from my Pro version). 🙂

Known Issues – version 5.0.2 (Account Tracker PRO)

Account Tracker PRO was released on 9th January, adding support for Apple Watch, 3D Touch, AirDrop and more.

Version 5.0.2 was released on 10th February and includes updates to the Apple Watch app (v5.0.1 was a minor bug fix release only).

See the following links for more details …

The following issues apply equally to the latest PRO version …

Known Issues – version 5.0 (Account Tracker)

5.0 was released on 15th January, mainly to introduce a new PRO version of Account Tracker.

If you tap to change the currency of a transaction and then don’t change it, the app is likely to crash when you start entering the amount. I have a fix and it will be included in my next update.

The following issues are not specific to my app itself …

For all iCloud or Personal Syncing issues, please see this post.

If you are experiencing issues with font sizes, this is all down to your global settings in iOS, specifically General then Accessibility then Larger Text. To reset this to the default, turn the Larger Accessibility Sizes switch OFF and drag the slider to the middle. You should then fully close my app and relaunch it.

If you have upgraded to iOS 9, it looks like Apple have deprecated support for the old iCloud in favour of iCloud Drive (just like they did in Yosemite on the Mac). If you haven’t yet upgraded but have iCloud enabled in my app, you will notice the error message about not being able to access iCloud. The only workaround is to move with the times and upgrade to iCloud Drive, however please read my notes on syncing before doing this. You could also start using Dropbox via Family Sync.

Some people seem to experience issues with the app update getting stuck installing. This is nothing to do with my app, and is an Apple issue. You should contact them for support.

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Android – I have no plans to support Android. PLEASE don’t ask for Android app recommendations as I am the least qualified person to help!

Apple Watch – now supported in Account Tracker PRO!

Mac version of Account Tracker – check out my backup viewer here. If enough people buy it, I will develop a full Mac app.

Warning. No mail configuration? – this means you are trying to export data by email, but you haven’t set up your device to send email (i.e. there is no mail configuration to use). You do this in the main Settings app under “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.

Transfer amounts are all zero – prior to version 3.8, I simply added up all the transfers by category to produce totals. This meant that moving funds from A to B and then from B to A would result in them being double counted. In version 3.8 and beyond, I take the direction of the transfer into account so that you can see, for a given account or group of accounts, the net flow of funds in or out. However this does have a side effect that if you are looking at budgets or reports across all accounts, there are no net flow of funds as all you are doing is moving between accounts in the same budget or report. The two workarounds are 1) look at the group or account budgets or reports to get a true picture of what is happening, or 2) you can exclude individual accounts from the budgets, reports and totals from the account settings screen (tap the blue button next to its name).

Opening backup files on a computer or from Dropbox – backup files are not designed to be opened by anything other than the app itself. If you want to look at your data on a computer, you can export it in CSV format as follows: from the account screen, tap on the CSV button; from the budgets screen, select a budget row and tap on CSV; from the reports screens, go to the pie charts, select the List button, select a category row and tap on CSV.

Problems importing CSV files – these need to be in exactly the right format, as documented here. If you are unfamiliar with spreadsheets, please read my CSV file tutorial.

Importing transfers – as an alternative to the standard way of doing this, you can now use two separate rows of a CSV file, one per account. Please see this post for full details.

Support for Stocks and Shares – please see this post.

All Other Questions

If you can’t find an answer to your question above, please send me an email and I will respond to you as quickly as I can.

Note that I previously used the comments section below for questions, however after 7 years I have decided it doesn’t work very well (at all!). Far too many people were failing to sign up for responses or they were mistyping their email addresses causing responses to bounce.

Let’s see if the email option works any better …

1. April 30, 2016 at 11:59 am

Graham, regarding setting up budgets is it possible to select a bank account & a credit card account in the same budget profile ?

• April 30, 2016 at 1:17 pm

You can set budgets per account, per account group or across all accounts. So for instance you can create a group for your bank account and credit card.

2. Mario Marks
    April 25, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Hi Graham, I’ve just notice sync is not working from my secondary device to my primary device. The register says 3 files were ignored! Please contact SUPPORT for help as this might prevent devices from syncing properly.

I’m using the Pro software & it’s been perfect until now so I’m hopeful you can help. Thanks, Mario

• April 25, 2016 at 8:50 pm

This is covered on my support page, under issues with iCloud syncing. It is an Apple bug and you simply need to disable and re-enable syncing to correct it.

• Mario Marks
        April 26, 2016 at 8:26 am

Hi Graham, that all worked… thank you for the speedy reply!

3. Pulkit Totla
    April 25, 2016 at 12:50 pm

If I have income and expense coming from the same category, why you doesn’t get netted in the reports. Is their a way to do it?
    It’s really confusing to net it manually.
    Please help

• April 25, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Income and spending are two completely different transaction types, and it doesn’t make sense to combine them. You might be missing the refund transaction type, that might help you.

4. April 24, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Graham
    Hope I’m on the right forum with this Apple Watch question:
    How do you get the watch face up depicting your 3rd screen shot, namely the one showing example “Giffgaff(Mobile) is due in 3 days ?

• April 24, 2016 at 7:59 pm

That is just the default notification screen that is used whenever your iPhone displays a notification. In the example it is from a reminder transaction.

5. Mamed
    April 22, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Referring to the comment above, regarding the categories monthly reports. This is a exactly what I would really really love to see in this app. Graham, one app which has this feature is called Weple Money. There when you click on the current month’s category expense, say Groceries, it will show you all Groceries expenses in each month in the form of bars.

One other suggestion, when I search for something say some text from notes, it shows me all transactions with those notes, I would like to see the total sum of those searched transactions.

Other that that great app I have the pro version, and I’m loving it.

6. Stephanie
    April 20, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Hello,
    I’m having an issue getting my reconciled balance to show at the top of my primary account. I have two transactions with today’s date that are not reconciled, but both the balance under the transactions and the balance at the top of the account page (which I thought was supposed to include only the reconciled balance) are both showing the balance as if those two transactions were reconciled. Can you offer any advise? It’s really important to me to be able to see only my reconciled balance and I’ve had this issue before. Not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong.
    Thanks in advance!
    I like your app btw. Been using home budget for years, but I like how easy this is to enter a transaction and the ease of entering recurring bills. Also the ability to import was so helpful. Do you think you’d ever integrate a month view (like a calendar view as opposed to a list view) for upcoming/recurring bills in the future?

• April 20, 2016 at 10:55 pm

It shows your reconciled balance while reconciling. By default it has to show today’s balance because your unreconciled transactions appear in date order.

7. Christian
    April 17, 2016 at 4:42 pm

A request. Could we have multiple files. I’m now transferring my business accounts to the app 5.0. I use Pro for my personal accounts. I need to keep the two files separate but I’d rather run my business accounts on Pro as well, an option I would quite happily pay for?

• April 17, 2016 at 7:36 pm

While you can use backup files for this, the app is not designed to separate different sets of accounts. Or rather this is what account groups are for, which should also work ok?

8. April 17, 2016 at 11:10 am

Please, add monthly “per category” and ” per detail” spending graphs to PRO version.

• April 17, 2016 at 11:30 am

You can see all the current reports per month by changing the date(s) at the top. But I suspect you are meaning a new report type.

• April 17, 2016 at 11:42 am

Yes, a graph showing, for example, how much I spend on “Groceries” category each month. Now it is only possible to track overall monthly spending in “Yearly” cash flow graph.

• Mamed
          April 22, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Other that that great app I have the pro version, and I’m loving it.

9. DAVID R BLY
    April 16, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Not a question, but a suggestion… I just downloaded your app and so far it’s just what I have been looking for. Thanks for the great work. One suggestion: when I enter a transaction that has split categories (ie: 5 items in one category and 6 items in another category) I have to add the item amounts for each category together before I can enter them into the transaction. Would it be possible to add a feature where I can enter multiple items in a split category and the app would add them together? Thanks for your consideration.

• April 17, 2016 at 11:29 am

Splits are a major pain to implement. Usually a shop is mainly one category with the odd other item. If you add the latter first, the app calculates the remaining amount for the bigger category. But I appreciate this doesn’t help if you are trying to split a big receipt across a lot of categories.

• Joan Barker
      April 17, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Hi David,
      I often want to split my shopping and found this way of doing things.
      For example I go shopping at Waitrose and spend £96 in total.
      As well as food I buy £10 worth of wine, £5 worth of beauty products and a new saucepan for £24.
      When I get home I enter the transaction as Details = Waitrose but leave Category blank and then enter the full amount of £96.
      Then I choose Split
      I see the £96 listed with no category and am offered an Add Split.
      So I choose Wine and enter the amount of £10;this then automatically reduces the uncategorised amount to £86.
      I repeat this for Beauty Products; the uncategorised amount automatically reduces to £81
      I repeat this for Household goods; the uncategorised amount automatically changes to £57
      So I now know I spent £57 on food (without the need to add up all the separate items) so then allocate the Category Food to the uncategorised split – Job done.
      Hope this helps but if not it might give you an idea of how to tweak it to meet your needs.
      One of the great things about Graham’s app is this ability to do things that work for you without having to deal with what others feel is “right for them”.
      Cheers

• DAVID R BLY
        April 17, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Joan, that’s brilliant! I’ll give that a try. Thank you so much.

• Joan Barker
          April 18, 2016 at 5:40 am

David
          You’re welcome. Hope it does the trick.
          Joan

10. April 15, 2016 at 11:39 am

Hello. If I enter a Net figure as the main entry is it then possible to Split this into several categories which show Gross amount and then minus amounts (tax, NI etc) to reduce the Gross to the Net? Hope that sort of makes sense! Regards

• April 15, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Yes and no. The app supports split transactions based on categories, but you can’t mix income and spending across the splits.

11. April 14, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Hi. I’m a long time user of Account Tracker and am running the latest version on both iOS ipad and iphone. I had sync set up and running smoothly via Dropbox/Apps with no issues. All of a sudden it stopped syncing. I tried resetting the devices and switching to iCloud syncing but nothing works.

I start the iphone and set it as PRIMARY, then turn on syncing on the iPad and select SECONDARY, it then goes into the “Syncing setup (3/5)” window and stays like that for a very long time without ever syncing.

What is the issue and what can i Do to correct it??

• April 14, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Syncing won’t ever just stop, unless the device can’t access Dropbox for some reason. When you set it up again, what specifically was not working? Full details of how to debug syncing is included on my support page.

12. April 7, 2016 at 9:04 pm

I just began using your app on an iPad Air 2. I entered all the transactions for 2015 for an account. I then went over to the Report screen and changed the year to 2015. All reports show either $0.00 or flat lines. What have I done wrong?

• April 7, 2016 at 9:22 pm

You probably aren’t including that account in the reports. See top left of the screen. If you are, then you might have set the account to be excluded from the group and all accounts reports.

• April 9, 2016 at 12:12 am

Graham, thank you so much. That fixed my issue. It was set to “All” so never thought it was an issue.

Love your app. It’s the perfect solution for record keeping for a rural bank that doesn’t have transaction downloading. Entering transactions is so easy. I was an Oracle developer and can tell the back end is set up well.

Thanks for your hard work and superb support.

13. April 7, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Dear Graham,
    I have the main screen set to show the Reconciled amount for my accounts. However, when I go into the detail of the account it shows the amount including unreconciled transactions up to today. Is there a way to get it to show the reconciled amount?

• April 7, 2016 at 9:20 pm

You can’t as the unreconciled transactions have to be accounted on the dates you have entered. You can see the reconciled balance when reconciling though, at the top.

14. April 4, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Dear Graham,I used your application accounts tracker, stoped using because i moved all my accounts for the application i use for my bookkeeping. Recently I was needing an application for a specific workflow in my business and i came back to your app, which immediately i bought the new version. Actually fits perfectly. My main working device nowadays is the ipad pro, which the split screen mode is a fulcral feature in the workflow. Do you intend to support the split mode sooner? Thank you in anticipation. Fernando

• April 4, 2016 at 9:35 pm

I have no plans to support split screen mode any time soon. Hardly anyone uses my app on an iPad Pro and the development costs would be significant. That might well change in the future, but I can’t say when.

15. March 28, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Please help – I was tidying some previous transactions today to get the categories right on some I had entered incorrectly. In doing so I have completely upset my balances and I don’t know where I went wrong. Is it possible to go back and take away every alteration to the account that I made today (28/3/16). I have made a complete mess of 4 years of accounts and I have been unable to retrace my steps. Please tell me that you can undo everything that I did today. Laura (I’m not on FB or Twitter so Had to sign in via friend)

• March 29, 2016 at 3:04 am

The only way to go back is to restore your most recent backup from the backups screen, but clearly this depends on you regularly backing up. Failing that you need to find out where you have gone wrong. Chances are you have edited the start or end date of a recurring transaction, so I would start from the recurring transactions screen. Or you could just set new current balances from the account settings.

16. March 27, 2016 at 10:00 am

Hi Graham

If I upgrade to account pro will I have to manually transfer all the account detail from the standard account app, couldn’t see an upgrade link within my existing app/setup?

• March 27, 2016 at 1:40 pm

It is a separate app not an upgrade. Please see the link on my support page for migrating your data (basically you use the backups feature).

17. March 25, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Hi Graham, I currently run an account in a £7000 overdraft limit. When using the app I put in a negative £7000 but if for example I pay £4000 into that account I should have an available balence of £3000. Is there a way to set up the app to reflect the amount available rather than just the negative balence. Many thanks Ben

• March 27, 2016 at 7:14 am

Yes, tap on the total balance at the top of the all accounts screen and choose Available Balance. Assuming you have set your alert limit to -7000 of course …

18. March 23, 2016 at 8:44 am

Graham, I have been using account tracker for a long while now and am considering buying pro very soon when I can ge my head around what is involved in the switch over. In the meantime I have an issue when reconciling an account, normally on the accounts page there is a number, which relates to transactions to be reconciled, well on one account it still shows 1 and for the life of me I cannot clear it, I have gone through two years of transactions but there is no rogue transaction uncleared which I may have unwittingly checked, I can live with it because my account tallys but I cannot get rid of that damn 1 any ideas? Leif

• March 23, 2016 at 12:07 pm

There is a link on my support page about migrating your data. You simply need to use the backups feature which takes a few seconds to do. To find unreconciled transactions, just hide the reconciled ones and it will be obvious. You do this by tapping the tick button.

19. March 19, 2016 at 2:08 am

I think i have found a bug and I can reproduce this, Not sure if you agree! Steps to reproduce below:

1. Create a new transaction set the date (in my case it is 26/03/2016).
    2. set series the repat to Every month
    3. Set the start date to 26/04/2016
    3. Set the End to Never
    4. Set the series amount to 106.

In my case if i look at the upcoming transaction in april month the transaction does not appear. However it do appear in May transaction list.

Would you be kind and confirm if i am doing something wrong or this actualy is a bug?

PS:
    On a diffrent note, It would be good to have a feature to be able to locate duplicate values or transactions with the same name. I noticed this as I have been out and about and had loads of transaction to put in which i had to track afterwards and as i was doing this it seems that i had put duplicate, it took me long time to identify the duplicate and i had to print off my account transaction and compare the two etc.

Thanx

• March 19, 2016 at 7:51 am

That sequence works fine, but I suspect you are editing an existing series. If you change the series start date, that fundamentally changes everything about the series, which probably explains what you are seeing. As for duplicate transactions, I guess you could use the search button?

• March 22, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Hi Graham, It took me a while to run a test and reproduce the issue, you are 100% right in your assumption. If i go an edit the transaction which is set to repeat every month the first month right after the first transaction dissapear. However not the subsequent month. I think its a bug as i also noticed i can go in and change the value of a repeat transaction and that works great once you overcome the first obstecle.

In regards to your suggestion for searching for duplicate transactions, while the idea is good you are not sure what you are looking for, i guess to put in a logic which says you already have this transaction in place with the same amount are you sure you want to add this transaction would be good. Maybe its only me who have suggested this.

• March 22, 2016 at 8:02 pm

I guess the logic would “If Details is X” and “Category is Y” and “amount is same as any other transaction” then “This might be a duplicate transaction are you sure you want to add this?”.

• March 23, 2016 at 12:32 am

Many of my ordinary-course transactions would fall under this logic, and therefore adding such a feature would be quite disruptive as well as adding burdens to the program(and its creator). I find that any duplicate transactions that I enter in error quickly make themselves obvious when I do my reconciliations. And it is a very rare occurrence.

• March 23, 2016 at 1:02 am

I agree with JPR007 that duplicate checking would be disruptive as I also have more than a few legitimate transactions with duplicate amounts and details. I reconcile my main checking account almost every day and therefore any mistakes I’ve made in transaction details are caught easily and quickly.

• March 23, 2016 at 7:08 am

You haven’t said what you are trying to edit. What is your start date and repeat internal, and what are you trying to change?
          No-one has had a problem with entering duplicate transactions so a warning is not appropriate, sorry.

20. March 17, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Just a couple of obscure issues that I’ve noticed and finally got around to documenting:

1) When creating a new account, spaces are not displayed in the account name until a character other than a space is typed.

2) If you have PIN enabled and Lock after x minutes set, closing Accounts (Pro) by double clicking Home and swiping up does not then force a PIN entry request when immediately restarting Accounts (Pro). I realise the timeout hasn’t technically expired, but from a security standpoint it would tighten things up a bit.

3) If a monthly repeating transaction is created i.e. amount £1.00, series start 17/03/2016, repeat every month, end never. Then modify the series amount to £1.50 from 17/04/2016 onwards. If the series start date is then pulled back to 17/02/2016, the modified amount is incorrectly applied to 17/03/2016 onwards. I realise this is an extreme case and I think I only noticed it when trying to sort out a problem my mum was having with her accounts – I think she’d entered a couple of one off transactions for a few months before setting up a repeating series. I pulled the series back and deleted the one off transactions and then couldn’t get the account to tally because the changed amount was being applied a couple of months earlier than it should have been.

• March 17, 2016 at 10:04 pm

1) this is the way iOS works, probably caused by the fact that I use per-word capitalisation for the account name (other text input modes do this differently).
      2) this is deliberate because the feature was written to handle devices that don’t support background mode.
      3) changing the series date is a fundamental change and if you have edited the series in any way then you can’t expect it to propagate these to your new series (how would I know what you wanted?).

21. March 16, 2016 at 2:50 pm

hi I am using Account Tracker on Windows mobile phone it is a great app and certainly assist me in recording my personal finances on the go. Is there an app for windows pc? I have a Surface Pro 4 and would like the option to sync the information between my devices.

22. March 15, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Hi Graham. Using account tracker for number of years. Great, love it thank you. Have got business and personal accounts as groups. Question: need to allow colleagues access to business groups but not personal and would like to install app on their devices but only sync business groups. Is this possible? Also does installing new pro version wipe out previous version? If not can I transfer business groups from one app to the other? Thanks.

• March 15, 2016 at 11:09 pm

No, no and yes. You would need to copy everything using a backup file and delete the things you don’t want.

23. March 14, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Hi,

Just bought the app & have a couple of questions relating to repeating transactions.

1. Let’s say that I have a bill go out on the 5th every month, so I setup a repeating transaction to handle it. In the future the date changes from the 5th to the 10th. How do I change the transaction to the new date without affecting all the previous entries?

2. I have an amount go out each month to cover two different costs. I was going to ask how I could accomplish this when I came across the split function which is exactly what I need. However it seems splits don’t work on repeating transactions. Is there any chance of adding this in the future? Any hints how to handle repeating split transactions in the current version?

Thanks, Steve

• March 14, 2016 at 6:53 pm

1. the app works the same way as almost every calendar app. To make this type of change you just stop one series and start a new one.
      2. not really, you need to either duplicate non-recurring transactions or use a separate series per category.

• March 15, 2016 at 9:42 am

1. If you change the amount of a recurring transaction for a particular month it changes that month and all the ones going forward but leaves the older transactions as is. This covers you for changes going forward and works great.

I was hoping that changes to transaction dates would work the same way in that it would only affect transactions going forward without changing all the older entries that have already been reconciled.

I’ll create a new series in future for any date changes but it gets messy as you end up with duplicate entries under Accounts->recurring and it’s not immediately obvious which transaction relates to which series.

2. I’d like to keep it as a single transaction so it ties up nicely with my bank account so I’ll have to duplicate the transaction each month. I couldn’t see a duplicate option, would I use the “copy to today” function?

Is there any scope for adding reoccurring splits in a future update to have this automated do you think?

• March 15, 2016 at 5:48 pm

You won’t see duplicate entries as the recurring transactions screen only shows active ones by default.
          Yes “copy to today” duplicates a transaction, then you can edit the date if needed.
          Recurring splits is a pain and is unlikely to be implemented without a significant rewrite of my app.

• March 15, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Ok thanks for the info.

24. March 13, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Just wanted to alert you to a possible bug. When I enter a transfer between accounts that sit in two different groups and date the transaction the current day, if you go directly to the “Reports” tab without leaving the transaction screen and view the “Balance” report for one of the impacted groupings, the effect of the transfer does not register correctly. The “End” balance doesn’t update but the “Increase” line does. To get the transaction to flow into the “End” balance correctly requires you to go back to the “Accounts” tab and back out of it to the main Accounts screen. If you go back to the reports from there, the “End” balance has updated correctly. However, if I do the above but date the transfer any date other than the current day, the “End” balance is always right, even if you jump straight to the “Reports” tab from the transaction screen as described above.

I’ve known about this one for years, but only felt moved enough to tell you today after I spent over £1k on a sofa this afternoon and was checking the app in the shop to see how much money I’d have at the end of the year after entering a transfer of funds out of my savings grouping. When I got home later and happened to look over things again, I noticed I had £1k less in the end balance than I had seen in the shop (which was a blow)!

Michael

• March 13, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Thanks Michael. I only recalculate the balance of each account when you return to the accounts screen. It works for the current account you are viewing, but not the other one. I can look at fixing this in a future update.

25. March 13, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Hi, love the app, been using it for a while. Just upgraded to the pro version to give you a few extra pennies! The show/hide option seems to have disappeared when reconciling. Has it moved? It was really useful if I made a mistake or missed something when entering expenditure. Thanks, NIgel

• March 13, 2016 at 9:48 pm

I am not aware of changing this, but it is definitely nothing to do with the pro version. If you use the touch and hold feature it will do what you want.

26. Sue
    March 13, 2016 at 7:29 am

Please can you advise me how to add a credit card account to account tracker

• March 13, 2016 at 4:35 pm

The app doesn’t distinguish between account types. Usually credit cards have a negative alert limit though.

27. Mark T
    March 13, 2016 at 7:20 am

Hi,

Is it possible to stop balance from rolling over on the application ?

The only thing I’m struggling with is to see how much spare cash I have a monthly basis.

For example if I look to November 2016, I would like to see how much free cash I have after all regular bill have left the account to work Christmas spending out.

Hope this makes sense.

Even I could see free balance each month on another tab 🙂

• March 13, 2016 at 9:16 am

You can use the reports for that, to see only November 2016. Just change the dates and accounts you want to look at.

28. Anthony Mc
    March 10, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Dear Graham,
    I am using the PRO Version. I have made regular backups over the last month. Despite this, the number of days in the red reminder counter keeps increasing. At the moment it is showing “27”. I would be grateful for your advice as to where I am going wrong.
    As always many thanks.

• March 10, 2016 at 8:42 pm

You are probably making your backups on a different device? The number is when you last backed up on that specific device. I only use reminders on my main device.

• Anthony Mc
        March 11, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Dear Graham,
        Thank you for your very prompt reply to my query.
        I use Accounts on an iPad Mini, and so this is my primary device.
        However, I have just opened the Dropbox backup in my iMac ATB Viewer; and the reminder counter has gone. Problem solved! Again my thanks and best wishes.

• March 11, 2016 at 7:56 pm

The Mac app is completely separate and won’t have any impact on your backups. Do you have multiple iOS devices? And/or did you make a new backup on your iPad?

• Anthony Mc
            March 11, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Thank you, Graham.
            I just have the iPad Mini running Accounts. I have an iPod touch for music, but don’t have your Accounts app on it.
            I make my backups on the iPad using the Settings button and Dropbox.
            I cannot figure out what I may have done to banish the reminders counter. I’m grateful to you for your time and patience in this matter.
            Best wishes.

• March 12, 2016 at 8:17 am

I can’t explain it either. Every time you make a backup, I record the time. And the red notification is only displayed if the current time is more than the backup time by your reminder period (or above). This is all changing in my next update though, so I doubt you will see this again.

Comment pages