Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 2.2.1 now available

Account Tracker 2.2.1 now available

July 2, 2010

Fixed a crash exposed by the iOS 4 OS upgrade when selecting a category or transaction details from a list.

Fixed a problem that prevented restoring older backups on iOS 4.

Added high resolution images for use on the iPhone 4.

Minor UI improvements.

Note, in preparation for adding iPad support as a universal/free upgrade, this app now only supports devices running iPhone OS 3.0 or above.

1. Kerry
    February 21, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I’ve been using Account Tracker but I would really like to check my accounts vie the PC also. Is this possible?

• February 21, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Hi Kerry, you can export statement data per account as a CSV file for easy import into a spreadsheet. Just select the compose icon to the right of Show/Hide on the account screen.

2. Nicolaus
    January 3, 2011 at 10:49 am

Hi, I am the user of Account tracker from Taiwan. For these months, it has helped me to manage my expense very a lot, and I even introduced it to my friend. Thanks so much for your App!
    However, my friend and I found a serious problem: the weekly budget function is not available at all. If we try to use weekly budget, it will automatically shot down. It’s not just inconvenient, but also annoying.
    What can we do before we going nut?

• January 3, 2011 at 11:01 am

Hi Nicolaus, this is almost certainly the bug mentioned on my support page to do with using the Chinese regional setting (but it could affect other regions too). The issue is that I assume month names are always at least 3 characters long, but it turns out that this is not the case in all regions. There is a fix in version 2.8 on its way.

Are you able to view other budgets or reports? Or does it now crash immediately you go to the budget screen? If the latter, you could try this workaround …

1. Change your regional settings to the UK
      2. Run the app and go into the budget screen
      3. Change the budget period to Monthly
      4. Perhaps do the same for your reports (as the same problem is there)
      5. Close the app and put your regional settings back to what you had before

3. August 6, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded the full app and unfortunately I can’t use it as it doesn’t support multiple currency accounts. I have accounts in three countries (CHF,AUD,GBP) that I use frequently. I should have perhaps tried the free app first to test whether this was supported or not. I think your app is the best out there but I really need multiple currency support. Any change this will be added soon?

• August 7, 2010 at 12:16 am

Hi Simon, multi-currency support has been on my todo list for a long time, however its something I will definitely be adding in a future update, hopefully in the next couple of months.

4. David
    July 22, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Hi, I think this app is great, much better than any of the other finance apps I tried. One small improvement I’d suggest would be to allow send and receive dates for inter account transfers. One of my banks does not support Faster Payments so it takes 3 or 4 days to credit a transfer and so one of the accounts will always be wrong for this period.

• July 22, 2010 at 8:24 pm

Hi David, yes I am aware of this restriction and I’ll fix it.

5. Mat
    July 9, 2010 at 9:17 am

Hi, Ive just been using the free version of Account Tracker and really like it. However, I have one problem. I would like it to keep accounts for two completely separate companies so that they could both have different budgets and different categories. Is this possible at all? I wouldn’t mind paying for a second copy of the app but as far as I know you can only purchase 1 copy of any app. Could you even release the exact same app with a different name so I could have two copies on my iphone, each handling different company accounts?

• July 9, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Hi Mat, so budgeting is a problem for you since this is done by category across all accounts (unless you somehow differentiated them). However you could use the account groups to separate out the two companies. Reports can be generated per account group, which would take care of the balance, cashflow and spending/income. Re: multiple copies, this is not something Apple supports, and as you say the only way to do it would be to have two separate apps.

• Mat
        July 10, 2010 at 9:20 am

Thanks for your reply. Not sure how difficult it would be, but moving the budget option to the popup available after you select the company(the same way Reports is available on both screens) and have the budget calculated just for that selected company would help.

• July 10, 2010 at 9:42 am

Hi Mat, yes, I could add the option of running budgets per account group, just like the reports.

• Mat
            July 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Great, looking forward to that in a future update. Thanks

6. Liz
    July 5, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Hi

I have just downloaded the paid app after playing with the free version for a few days. I think it is really well designed and I am sure it will help me with my messy finances.
    There is one thing that would make it perfect for me, that is to be able set the start date for my financial month. For example I get paid on the 6th and would love to see the reports reflect this.

Great app. Thanks
    Liz

• July 5, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Hi Liz, thanks! Quite a few people have asked for custom dates, so I will be looking into it.

• N E
        July 5, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Sorry to but in, but having read the reviews for so many apps this seems to be one bad ass feature everyone wants so this would be grand!

• July 5, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Hi N E, yes, it is a popular request. As is multi-currency support and of course the iPad. They will all be added as soon as I can manage them.

7. N E
    July 5, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Oops! Just found out the differences between the two on https://grahamhaley.co.uk/accounts/ . Just one thing though… Isn’t 15 transactions a bit stingy to test the app!? Some offer upto 1000 which is a bit overkill but surely a 100 would allow me to test for a reasonable amount of time.

• July 5, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Hi N E, glad you found it. It is also mentioned on the iTunes page for each app. I picked 15 for two reasons: a lot of other apps seemed to use this value at the time (perhaps that has changed?), and not having too many made it easy to export the readings straight into the paid app with a single button press. I should really see how many the export could cope with! The app is pretty easy to use, so you should get an idea of how it works fairly quickly.

• N E
        July 5, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Thanks Graham, it’s great to see to a proactive developer! I will be testing shortly 🙂

I currently use iXpense Full for my erm expenses, would I be right in thinking Account Tracker is more a MS Money than ixpense?

• July 5, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Hi N E, yes my app is more for account tracking and budgeting, with expense management supported by simply entering transfers between your real accounts and your expense accounts. I use it for my own expenses and it does me, however I am not a heavy expenses user.

8. N E
    July 5, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Hi,
    I’m in the middle of testing to find my perfect iPhone finance app to track my expenses and maybe my actual accounts. Just wondering what the difference between Lite and Paid is? I really think this should be included in the itunes page.