Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 3.2 now available

Account Tracker 3.2 now available

August 26, 2011

Improvements to the budgets screen, in particular I have made it a bit more intuitive when adding and removing budgets. Note that more changes will be coming in this area.

By popular request, added support for re-ordering groups in the settings.

Performance improvements, especially when dealing with large numbers of transactions.

Shortened the getting started tour, as it was a bit too long.

Minor bug fixes and UI changes.

1. Adrian Root
    September 5, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Any chance of adding ability to attach a photo to a transaction eg. a receipt?

• September 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm

HI Adrian, this is something on my longer term list of things to do.

2. Rufus
    August 28, 2011 at 8:37 am

Good to improve

3. Tony Miller
    August 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Hi Graham

I’m not sure what’s going on with the budget function. It was perfect to manage categories that I wanted to budget against those I didn’t.

Now I can’t see the total for all categories I want to budget just totals for the individual ones. It was great the way it was, ie screen for budget categories then hit the plus button for all.

I really really can’t understand why you’ve removed something great for something that is now half of each.

Or are you adding this back in later?

Regards Tony

• August 26, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Hi Tony, see my comment on the support page. It’s to allow people to set a total budget independent of the categories.

• Tony Miller
        August 26, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Yes. But weve been through this before. Where in your app can I get the total for those categories I budget for.

Eg. Shop £20, petrol £20 = £40 total budget.

I also could see the remaining total budget.

Now I can’t.

Your support page doesn’t explain why you’ve removed this. Can you explain?

• August 28, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Hi Tony, just wanted to respond for the benefit of others. In my last release, a user couldn’t set an overall spending budget, they were forced to set per category budgets. I have now added this, however in doing so (as you have pointed out) I have removed the ability to get a summary of your budgeted categories only. I think I now have a way to support both – I will be looking at this for my next release.

• Tony Miller
            August 29, 2011 at 2:37 pm

As alway, your support is fantastic. I don’t know how you get any sleep.

This is a great guy folks.