Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 3.5 now available

Account Tracker 3.5 now available

December 3, 2011

Added support for exporting reports as PDF files. This is a one-off in-app purchase, and is accessed from the Balance and/or Cash Flow screens (not available on iOS 3.1.3 or in the free version). All graphs and pie charts are included in the PDF file, as are lists of transactions broken down into spending, income and transfers.

Fixed all known bugs, including issues with iOS release 4.2.1, and exporting settings and data from the free version to the full version.

1. December 20, 2011 at 11:19 am

Hi, I’m interested in your Account Tracker app…does it have a desktop version or sync facility? And can it import data (CSV, TDF, QIF)

Kind regards

• December 20, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Hi Roger, I am currently working on a Mac version but am making slow progress. Hopefully I’ll get to do a lot more over the Christmas break. You can backup your data and copy it between iOS devices (e.g. iPhone to iPad) but this is not a true sync. Yes, it can import CSV files – see the backups section for details.

2. Amy
    December 3, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Hi, I am sure it is staring me in the face-but I can’t for the life of me find where I can upgrade to the PDF files option. Can you tell me exactly what I need to do this? (I have looked at ALL the screens just in case) (I have the full (not free) version of the app and have updated it to the latest version)
    Many thanks in advance

• December 3, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Hi Amy, yes – the PDF files are generated from the reports screens, specifically the balance and cash flow screens (PDF button at the top right). Tapping it will generate a PDF report from where you can choose to export it off your device. The first time you try to export, it gives you the option to unlock this extra functionality. This is a one-off purchase covering all of your devices, letting you export PDF files as often as you want.

3. Robert
    December 3, 2011 at 10:23 am

Have downloaded version 3.5. When I generate pdf file and after the system has been generating the file, the app shuts down. Where can I see the pdf files? What is the meaning of one off purchase, I downloaded it as free?

• December 3, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Hi Robert, everyone can generate PDF files of their reports, but the one-off purchase is needed to export them off your device. Its certainly possible for a large report to cause the device to run out of memory and therefore crash the app – I should really try to catch that and give a warning instead.

Do you have a lot of transactions, or is your report over a long period? It has certainly been tested on fairly typical yearly reports (generating a 20-25 page PDF file) but of course every device has different amounts of memory available.