Home > Announcements > Meter Readings 2.9.5 now available

Meter Readings 2.9.5 now available

January 14, 2012

This is a relatively minor update to fix a few known bugs, and generally improve the help available in the app.

Added more tips throughout the app. If you are familiar with the way the app works, these can now be turned off in the settings. I have also added quite a few more “frequently asked questions and answers” on my support page, to help new users get the most out of the app.

By popular request, the app now plots last year’s figures even if you don’t have enough readings (the missing figures are assumed to be zero). This lets you compare the most recent periods with the previous year.

Fixed a bug to do with monthly reminders being a day out.

Fixed a crash when adding a new billed units.

Fixed a crash while exporting large numbers of readings as a CSV file.

If you don’t yet have the backups feature, just a reminder that this is a ONE-TIME purchase that lets you backup and restore your data as often as you want (despite the wording on the AppStore purchase screen). You can also use it to share data between your iPhone and iPad, or import existing readings from a CSV file.

1. Paul
    February 5, 2012 at 11:57 am

Hi Graham, just downloaded your app a few weeks ago and added 6 years of excel-data to it. Everything went well, except for city-heating in MWh that uses basically a 4,3 format (3 digits behind the separator) and does not show up in my meters. All main numbers do, but the last 3 digits do not. So this means I see some months/weeks with zero consumption while there is definitely consumption albeit little (like 0,015 MWh/day).

The csv I use has this format: * City Heating,15/01/2012,066.1140,0,0 *.

New readings come up well, so there the 3 last digits are taken into account.

Also, is it possible to add MWh to the units-page? Must not be a big job to add that.
    BTW, nice app. I like it!

• February 5, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Hi Paul, have you changed the format of the meter in the meter settings to 4.3? If so exactly which screens don’t show the right amounts?

You can add your own billed units – just select Edit at the top right.

• Paul
        February 5, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Yes, I have done so. Because I thought I should have set this up before importing data, I have made a new meter with the right settings before importing again. But it shows still only the first 2 numbers, eg. 66,000 insteadd of 66,148. It does not show the right consumption then either, it is just 1,000 kWh when it should be something like 1,346 kWh (MWh), and in months when there is little consumption the graph just drops to 0.

2. Gordon Smith
    January 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Hello Graham,
    What a great app and I cannot wait to see exactly how much my averages are and how much I should be putting away each week toward my next bill..

I have tried to get the back-up to work but as I purchased the app through iTunes it will not let me buy/restore from the phone itself…

Cheers

Gordon

• January 14, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Hi Gordon, it shouldn’t matter whether you bought the app through iTunes then sync’d to your device, or from the device directly, as long as you use the same account it will just work.

3. Gary Steel
    January 14, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I bought this prog yesterday as well as the backup facility and have just updated to the new 2.9.5 and its wanting me to buy the backup facility again !!!!

Not too happy!! gratfeul for some explanation.

Regards
    Gary

• January 14, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Hi Gary, thanks. You won’t ever be charged again for things you have bought because the AppStore tracks purchases against your account. If you bought the backup feature and simply updated to the latest version today, I’m not sure why it would lose track of your purchase, however just enable backups in the settings, and tap on the Restore button and it should fix things.

If this doesn’t work for some reason, as long as you are using the same iTunes account, going through the buying process again will tell you you have already bought it, and that you can “download” it again for free.

Note that if you are using a different device, then you have to go through this process because the app has no way of knowing you bought it otherwise.

I will drop you an email to make sure you get this working.