Home > Announcements > Meter Readings 3.1 now available

Meter Readings 3.1 now available

March 17, 2012

Added support for negative rates, which is likely to be useful when combining electricity consumption and generation on the same meter. In addition, you can now choose meter types where total usage is R1-R2 or (R1+R2)-R3 or (R1-R2)+R3.

Added iCloud support for transferring backups between devices as part of the Power User upgrade. Note that this DOES NOT automatically sync your data between devices. Rather it uses iCloud to let you move backup files around, much like Dropbox. If you use my Account Tracker app, you will be familiar with this.

Added a fix to allow the app to support truly large numbers of meters (100s) as part of the Pro User upgrade. The main restriction before was the amount of memory required to display the graphs, and of course the swipe interface was not so good for lots of meters. Now only 9 meters are included in the swipe display, but you can jump to any meter using the List button at the top left of the screen.

Retina support for the new iPad.

Minor bug fixes and small UI changes.

1. Bill Johnson
    May 3, 2012 at 10:41 am

Any chance of a dedicated entry for solar panels?

• May 3, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Hi Bill, not sure what you mean exactly, but the app supports solar generation tracking, it’s just one of the many meter types.

2. March 21, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Hi, the scroll wheels are only used when adding readings (not settings up rates … etc). Does that explain it?

3. dan
    March 21, 2012 at 3:04 pm

got app just now.. looks like it might work? just trying to figure it out. I have 4 meters 2 electric (1 a SUB meter)
    same with Gas….
    hoping to get this to do the readings of differences BETWEEN the (2)/
    also, I saw a you tube and it showed actual click by 10’s DIALS but my app has a bar to scroll in #’s?

• March 21, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Hi Dan, I don’t understand your last point. The scroll wheels let you change any of the numbers independently. This is pretty standard across all iOS apps.

• dan
        March 21, 2012 at 6:32 pm

for some reason I enter #’s, from the keypad, I do not SEE where there are “wheels” could it be my version?

• March 21, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Hi Dan, you must have turned on Keyboard entry in the settings. Turn this off if you want the scroll wheels.

• dan
            March 21, 2012 at 7:31 pm

nope. not the keboard setting. it is off. but hey, thanx for the EXCELLENt feedback! I will hopefully get you some business too!!