Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 3.9 with iCloud Syncing is now available

Account Tracker 3.9 with iCloud Syncing is now available

December 16, 2012

Added support for iCloud Syncing as an in-app purchase. Since all iTunes/AppStore purchases are per-user and not per-device, you only need to buy this once for all of your devices. When enabled, changes to your accounts, your main budgets and your transactions are synced between devices, with minimal user intervention (basically 2 taps on the receiving device).

I highly recommend making a new backup and exporting this off your device before enabling syncing!

Note that iCloud is really only suitable for individual users sharing data between their own devices. I will be adding support for Dropbox Syncing in a future release.

Minor improvements to the Accounts screen, to make showing/hiding hidden accounts more explicit. Instead of using the left arrow, I have added a Show/Hide button at the top right of the screen (but only if you actually have hidden accounts). The + button to add a new account is always available while editing.

The left and right arrows now scroll to the start and end of the accounts list respectively. This is possibly redundant if you only have a couple of accounts, but it keeps all the screens and behaviour consistent.

Other minor bug fixes and improvements.

1. Linda Walker
    June 7, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Hiya Graham

I’ve been using Account Tracker now for longer than I can remember. I originally purchased the app on my old i-phone now used by my partner. I backed up data from my old phone and transferred it to my new one last year and everything was fine. I’ve just purchased an i-pad and wish to sync across both devices. I tried the in-app purchase for syncing but it said it was purchased on a different ID. I assumed this was because I used my old I-phone but tried using this when my partner came home but that didn’t work. I can’t remember ever having another apple ID in the past (sure I changed my password but tried that too). It says I must purchase the app which I can’t do because when I go to the iTunes Store it shows as already purchased and only let’s me open it. What can I do as I really want to sync on both devices. Please help!! Kind regards.

• June 7, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Hi Linda, this is an Apple issue by the sounds of it. If it thinks you have purchased the app on the one hand, but not on the other, they clearly have a problem. I would suggest contacting iTunes support (they are quite responsive) and they should be able to help.

2. Mick
    January 1, 2013 at 9:56 am

Hi Graham, syncing via iCloud seems to have stopped working between my iPhone and iPad. I have checked through the steps on the iCloud tips, all settings are/were correct. If I create a backup on either device it does show up on the other one greyed out, proving the iCloud. However, when I make changes on the iPhone (secondary as suggested) and then close the app I do not get the red sync indication on the iPad. I have not tried changing the ipad as I have reconciled a large number of transactions on the iPhone and therefore it is the most up to date device.

• Mick
      January 1, 2013 at 9:58 am

Also, I tried resetting both devices too.

• January 1, 2013 at 10:06 am

Hi Mick, there is a general iCloud problem at the moment. Hopefully Apple will fix it soon.

• Mick
        January 1, 2013 at 10:16 am

Ok, I did see that on the twitter feed, but I figured that as the backups were syncing then iCloud was not the issue. Cheers

• Mick
      January 1, 2013 at 10:15 am

Further update, I have turned off syncing and then re-enabled it, this time making the iPhone primary. It now seems to be working. I did try the same procedure last night, twice, first making the phone primary to preserve the data and then making the ipad primary again. Anyway it now seems to work.

• January 1, 2013 at 10:41 am

Hi Mick, it is irrelevant which device is primary, since syncing relies on being able to copy files in both directions. If Apple aren’t doing that, syncing won’t work. I don’t believe it affects everyone, and perhaps it is working for you again now (which is encouraging).

3. December 16, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Works a treat! Thanks Graham 😊

• Colombian Boffin
      December 28, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Just bought an iPad and it has synched perfectly with my iPhone – just discovered the iCloud facility after several unsuccessful bluetooth attempts. I can relax now – brilliant facility.

4. Darwin
    December 16, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Absolutely love this app. I have been patiently waiting on this update with auto sync. Works fantastic! Thanks!

5. Dave
    December 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Hi Graham, works a treat. People need to be patient when waiting for their primary device to show up so that they can select secondary. I read your User Guide and was very excited to find out that a Mac version will be coming in the future. Thanks for the great App – I have used it practically every day for 12 months and looking forward to the updates you have in store for 2013!

• December 16, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Hi Dave, yes – it can take a 10-15 seconds for the primary to be visible to other devices, even on WiFi. This is simply the speed at which iCloud works. Fortunately once enabled, all of the waiting happens in the background and you don’t really notice it.

6. Jeff
    December 16, 2012 at 11:19 am

Works great! Might be a bit confusing to the clueless user mind 🙂

• December 16, 2012 at 11:22 am

Hi Jeff, I can’t tell you how pleased I am to hear this – thanks for letting me know. 🙂

1. December 31, 2012 at 10:22 am