Home > Announcements > Account Tracker for Mac update #3

Account Tracker for Mac update #3

January 3, 2013

atmac-64x64
As previously indicated, this project had to be put on hold for 6 months, however I am now back on it “full time” … well, apart from a wasted 3 days dealing with the fallout from Apple’s buggy iCloud implementation!!

As you know iCloud syncing is now implemented in iOS, and the same mechanism will be used by the Mac version. This was a major piece of design work and it is now done. 🙂

I am pushing ahead with a lot of Mac UI work. Compared to the simplicity of iOS it is a bit of a nightmare! The account and transaction screens should be done in the next week or so, and I would then like to concentrate on getting something in place for the budgets and reports. The UI is about 80% of the work (does that surprise you?).

As a heads up, there is a LONG way to go before this is released. Most likely 3-6 months.

More updates will be posted as and when I make progress.

1. Dan Ryan
    March 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Hi – as with many of the comments above one of my most used Apps, very siple, solid and reliable.

Would really like to sync my home accounts info across iPad iPhone and Mac, and have considered trying others in order to get there but will stick with you as I am confident that when you get there it will be better than the rest!

• March 15, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Hi Dan, thanks! Getting there ….

2. March 10, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Have the iOS version and love it, just got a Mac ,so thought it would be great to have a OSX version, especially now icloud syncing is running. Came to your site to suggest it and Lo and behold your way ahead of me 🙂 Good work can’t wait for the OSX version, its my most used app on the iphone, well after Drop 7 🙂

3. GSFranklin
    February 23, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Keep up the good work, all in good time – though I hope it’s not as painful as it sounds. I’ll be at the front of the queue.

• February 23, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Hi, thanks! Currently working on the budgets view …

4. Wendy
    February 19, 2013 at 9:49 am

I can’t wait either. I have tried other versions on my iMac and wished I hadn’t bothered wasting my time. Looking forward to it. Thank you Graham

5. Matthew Oldfield
    February 1, 2013 at 7:28 am

Looking forward to this! I have been trying out a few alternatives as I would very much like all my accounting on my laptop. But so far nothing matches the functionality and basic, solid reliability of this app.

6. Stuart Irvine
    January 20, 2013 at 9:07 pm

This App works brilliantly and I find it so very useful for our domestic financial planning and tracking. The syncing step forward is superb and I cannot wait for the Mac version to be released – keep up the great work Graham, Mac users worldwide are supporting you in your quest!

7. AlanC
    January 17, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Brilliant!!

The last update for iCloud syncing was superb. Your going from strength to strength and i’m i’ve been looking forward to the MAC version for a long time.

Having worked with developers on a custom GUI for my work, I don’t envy you for all the time and effort.

• January 17, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Hi Alan, thanks!

8. Russ Girdler
    January 4, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Delighted to hear you are back working on the iMac version. Got my Mac mini at last, just before Christmas, must say it was easier than expected to transfer to, and work with, Apple Software. However “Pages” and “Numbers” feel a bit primitive compared with Word and Excel maybe I just need to get used to them.
    I have been running Account Tracker on iPad and iTouch in parallel to Microsoft Money 2005 ( I’m reluctant to give it up until you are ready with the iMac version of Account Tracker ) so please make it possible, and simple, to transfer data from Money to Account Tracker.

Wishing you the best of health for 2013, can’t have you falling sick with so much important work to do.

Russ

9. Zoe Wilson
    January 4, 2013 at 7:17 am

Fantastic! Can’t wait! Your loyal fans are right behind you willing you support! Happy New Year

10. January 4, 2013 at 6:45 am

Excellent news! Syncing with my iPhone and iPad mini is a huge plus.