Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 3.9.5 now available

Account Tracker 3.9.5 now available

October 2, 2013

Fixed a number of issues introduced by iOS 7, mainly around iCloud access and syncing. Also added a workaround for an iOS bug that caused a crash when entering the budgets or reports tab.

Note that for users running iOS 7 and above, Bluetooth is no longer supported. Apple have deprecated the way this works, and I need to completely rewrite it. Since this was only added as a way to copy files between devices and the app now supports both iCloud and Dropbox, I am not planning to do this.

1. John Tordoff
    November 20, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Two things:
    I have an iPad running iOS7 and an iPhone running iOS6. I can’t get sync to work at all – iPad primary and iphone secondary. I’ve turned sync on the iPad, but the iPhone repeatedly says the primary device is not visible. Any idea how long this should take to become visible, or is there another issue?
    Secondly, I note cheque numbers don’t appear to be updated as I change cheque books.

• November 20, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Hi John, if everything is setup correctly and you have network access, it should be visible in a few seconds. Take a look at https://grahamhaley.co.uk/2012/11/14/icloud-tips/ for help with iCloud. For your cheque numbers, the app looks for the highest used number, and defaults the cheque number to that plus one. I did come across someone who had a set of cheque numbers below their previous ones – perhaps you have too?

• John Tordoff
        November 20, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Thanks Graham, I think the hard reset did it! all working now.
        Re the cheque numbers – yes my bank don’t sequentially number my cheque books so serial numbers can go up as well as down.

2. Behrooz Naraghi
    November 7, 2013 at 7:15 am

Since upgrading to iOS 7 the decimal point for currency in Account Tracker has changed from comma to colon.
    My region format is set to Sweden.

• November 7, 2013 at 7:38 am

Hi Behrooz, there is nothing in my app that can change that. I only adhere to the region setting you choose. If you think it’s wrong, perhaps you could raise this with Apple?

3. October 8, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Hi! I’m new to Account Tracker. Where do I find the user guide please. I’m getting on quite well and have got three accounts working well at the moment. I found a help button when I started 3 days ago but cannot find it now. My son always says I’m useless on computers but I’m not too bad considering I’m a 76-year-old lady.

• October 8, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Hi Sheila, well done to you! To get to the built in user guide, tap Help at the top left of the settings screen. Or you can browse my website at https://grahamhaley.co.uk/accounts/.

4. Stephen White
    October 5, 2013 at 11:33 am

My iphone running iOS 7 is fine but my ipad 1 running ios 5 has a problem with the new update. If i change the amount of a transaction the app crashes when i press save unless i hold the home button and completely close the app and restart it. Not a huge problem but i thought i would mention it.

• October 5, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Hi Stephen, thanks for letting me know, but I can’t reproduce this at all, even on an iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1. Could you be more specific about what you are doing? And is it reproduceable?

• Stephen White
        October 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I was changing repeating transactions in red brackets when comparing them to my online banking – it has been crashing all week but seems ok now ?. I would change the amount then hit save and when i pressed save again it would freeze and quit. I will see how it goes

5. Keith Barber
    October 2, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Last updated 7 August 2013. My app account shows 1 update. Account Tracker is at the top of the list but is shown a being open and so I cannot download new update.

• October 2, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Hi Keith, this is almost certainly an iTunes bug. They are displaying the last version, and the reason you can’t download it is because you already have it, hence the Open button. I suggest waiting for the iTunes servers to replicate the new version. Might take hours …