Home > Announcements > ATB Viewer for Mac

ATB Viewer for Mac

December 11, 2013

atbvicon64 What’s this I hear you say? A new icon?

As you probably know by now, I have been working on a Mac version of Account Tracker for some time. I even signed up to the Mac developer program a few weeks ago, and this has got me fired up! I really want to get something out before Christmas, but it is clear I am not going to be ready with a full app by then. So as an interim step, I will be releasing a companion app that lets you view your iOS backup files and data on the bigger screen of your Mac!

It can automatically load your latest backup from iCloud, and apply recent changes if you are using iCloud syncing. Alternatively you can manually select a backup file to open (e.g. from Dropbox).

You then have full access to your accounts, budgets, reports and transactions. The only things you cannot do is add or edit transactions, or change (most of) your settings. These changes will come with the full version in the new year.

So … I am currently adding the few final touches, and doing some last minute testing. I thought I was close a week ago, but getting to grips with publishing a Mac app has taken a large amount of effort, far more than I expected!

I am hoping to submit it to Apple in a couple of days. 🙂

1. Stephen
    December 14, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Hi Graham – Will the companion be a free app and the full version a chargeable upgrade? Or will we have to buy two separate app’s?

Love the iOS app – thanks for all your hard work 🙂

• December 14, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Hi Stephen, they will be separate paid for apps (for some people the backup viewer will be sufficient). Not quite sure how much to charge for the full version yet, but almost certainly I will discount it by the cost of the backup viewer when it is first released.

• Stephen
        December 14, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Good answer 🙂

(wasnt trying to be tight by the way!)

• December 14, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Hi Stephen, no problem. It is a good and reasonable question to ask! 🙂

2. Grahamwales
    December 11, 2013 at 7:30 pm

The present app is brilliant and your suport is first class. I am looking forward to using the Mac version, but in the mean time will enjoy playing with the scaled down version over Xmas.

3. Bob Brown
    December 11, 2013 at 8:48 am

That’s great Graham. Best developer ever…!!

• December 11, 2013 at 8:49 am

🙂

4. December 11, 2013 at 4:23 am

That’s brilliant news. Graham keep up the good work. You must be working very hard to get this app up and running. The followers of Account Tracker will be very pleased to hear of the good news. You always keep the users informed and in the loop what’s going on. Wish there were more software developers like you. Hope you get the software approved by Apple soon. Looking forward to the Mac version