Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 4.0 now available

Account Tracker 4.0 now available

January 24, 2014

aticon57 This is a MAJOR UPDATE, adapting the user interface to iOS 7. If you don’t like change, or you don’t like the iOS 7 interface in other apps, PLEASE DON’T UPGRADE as there is no easy way to go back. Please see here for an idea of how the app will look on a device running iOS 7 (earlier iOS versions will not see this UI change).

Note that you can no longer configure the “black” theme on iOS 7. Also the blue arrow buttons on the accounts, account and budgets screens have gone as they take up to much room. Instead, swipe right to left on a row and select Edit.

Also included are the following enhancements …

Added support for importing UTF8-encoded CSV files.

Added options for backup reminders after 14, 21 and 28 days. Also quick restart periods of 30, 45 and 60 minutes.

Other minor improvements.

Note that the minimum iOS version now supported is 5.0.

1. Marcin
    February 9, 2014 at 8:05 pm

How do I adjust the current balance? I used to have this app and it was easy to make the adjustment, I just can find it anywhere?

• February 9, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Hi Marcin, from the account settings. Swipe right to left on the accounts screen and select Edit.

2. Stephen W
    February 5, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I love the look and feel of the updated app. However, I have to say that I found it easier to select a date from monthly calendar view than I do by using the scrolling day, date, year function that is favoured in iOS 7.

More generally, is it possible to schedule a deposit to appear before a transfer of money between accounts which happens on the same day? At the moment it always looks as though my current account is going overdrawn once a month because the transfer is scheduled before the deposit.

Keep up the good work. This is the most useful app on my iphone.

• February 6, 2014 at 4:31 am

Hi Stephen, you can set the calendar input in the advanced settings – I have not removed it. You can also control the day order in the settings.

3. Peter Nehammer
    January 30, 2014 at 10:04 am

Graham: You’re clearly a very skilled and talented software developer with a real insight and understanding of the specialist areas for which you write programs. Account Tracker is a remarkable program and for my particular needs having used it for some years now, it’s outstanding and your level of support must be second to none. I didn’t know about Meter Readings and having just changed my supplier to First Utility, by coincidence, I didn’t even bother trying it out before buying – I know it will be good! I’d like to be kept informed of any new apps you develop and as for pricing, they will be priceless for those with a need. Best Wishes and thanks!

4. Rui matos
    January 28, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Good job! We still need a calculator mode entering an amount.
    Thanks.

5. Miles
    January 26, 2014 at 11:23 am

Hi Graham. Thank you for this update – it continues to be my most-used app and the main reason that I opted to stay with iOS rather than switch to android.

Forgive me, there is a feature I cannot find in this update and nor have I spotted how to achieve it in the updated user guide (although I am sure it must be there) – how do I find the “move to today” or “copy to today” feature for individual transactions please?

Thanks in advance for your unfailingly patient responses to questions like these which I am sure that I should be able to answer without your help.

• January 26, 2014 at 11:36 am

Hi Miles, it is documented in the what’s new section right at the top of the user guide. Swipe right to left on the transaction and select Edit.

6. Steve Woolaway (SW1948)
    January 26, 2014 at 10:45 am

Graham : I just have to echo the sentiments of your other loyal followers. I thought carefully about whether to take this update as I am not a fan of the IOS7 look for ‘serious’ apps. Now I have done it I just have to say again AT just gets better and better, and ATB viewer blows me away when I see updates mirrored across to my MAC.

I even like the swipe left/ blue arrow change, and the date scroll wheels.

I also admire your patience in responding to the users who couldn’t be bothered to read what you bothered to make very clear prior to the update. Don’t let them grind you down! The vast majority of us think you can do no wrong.

Thanks again for a life-changing app.

7. Stu B
    January 25, 2014 at 4:55 pm

This is the one APP that I use every single day and this latest update has made it horrible to use 😦
    The update changed the settings back to using the scroll wheel for date entry, when I changed it back to calendar entry that doesn’t work properly, you can not see the top third of the calendar!

• January 25, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Hi Stu, I changed the default date entry to scroll wheels as the calendar view looks very dated on iOS 7 (it needs replacing completely). As documented on my support page, there seems to be a slight issue with the calendar view on the iPhone/iPod but not the iPad. I don’t quite know how it happened, but for some reason the released version picked up an old version of my code. It will be fixed in my next update. Meanwhile use the scroll wheels as a workaround.

8. Nicholas Hoyle
    January 25, 2014 at 8:53 am

Account tracker was updated last night and I just love it. So much easier for me to see, I can even see everything without my reading glasses.
    Looking very much forward to the full blown iMac version.
    Very well done you put Microsoft money well and truly in the shade!

9. Bernard Hatch
    January 25, 2014 at 12:50 am

Thanks Graham. Your hard work is much appreciated. Another great update.

10. Dave
    January 24, 2014 at 11:55 pm

What a great present this evening. Thank you. It’s brilliant, obviously.

11. Steve Nugent
    January 24, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Terrific update, I like the cleaner and fresher style with iOS 7.
    It is difficult to remember a time in the past when I used Microsoft Money, you have surpassed my expectations and now there is a Mac AT viewer.

12. roystenhouse@yahoo.co.uk
    January 24, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Absolutely fabulous. Ok I miss the black theme but that is not your problem.
    Love the fact iMac app!!!

We’ll done for keeping your brilliant app up to date !!