Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 4.1 now available

Account Tracker 4.1 now available

March 10, 2014

aticon57 Completely REPLACED the TWO date entry options with my own iOS 7-like date picker. As a result I have now REMOVED the option for choosing the date entry type from the advanced settings screen. In the previous version, the calendar input was NOT removed, you just had to change the setting.

RESTORED the blue buttons on the accounts, account and budget screens. I changed this in my last update to use swipe and edit because the blue i button and arrow combination took up far too much space, especially on the iPhone/iPod Touch. Since then I have discovered that iOS 7 has introduced a mode where you can display the i button only, without the arrow. This is much better from a space perspective, although you do still lose some width.

Layout and text colour changes throughout the app.

Minor bug fixes.

1. Paul Govewalla
    March 23, 2014 at 12:58 am

Hi graham,

I have been using the app for a couple of years and think its fantastic. Today I noticed that my account balances are all wrong suddenly. I have checked my transactions entered all the way back to January and they are all correct but somehow my balances are wrong. I plugged my phone into my mac yesterday and I think thus may have been one my apps that were updated. Any ideas in what has happened and a quick fix?

Paul

• March 23, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Hi Paul, if your transactions are all there, you will see that your running balance will be correct too. I suspect you are looking at the all accounts screen, where you have changed the default balance view. If it doesn’t say “Today” at the top, you have specifically changed it.

2. Christian
    March 11, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Love the new update, feels familiar again. Just a bit of feed back, certainly not a criticism, the change of font colour to grey in the transaction entry screen. If you enter a negative transaction it turns ‘Red’ but when you change any other field it stays ‘Grey’. To me the grey colour signifies a ‘Default’ entry. What would be good is if you change or add to any field it turns black, or red for a negative transaction (as it does now).

• March 11, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Hi Christian, nope – the values are all grey, unless you configure “negatives in red” in which case negative values are in red.

3. Ross Watson
    March 11, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Hi Graham

Did you intend to still have the swipe from right to left still happen and do this? It happens when you swipe very close to the right edge.

Regards Ross

[image: image.png]

• March 11, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Hi Ross, this is not really the case – you are triggering two actions – the blue button and the swipe to delete. iOS should catch that and not let it happen, so I guess its a bug. I might be able to work around it.

4. Darwin
    March 11, 2014 at 6:25 am

I really like the update. This is one of the best apps out there. In the future could we have an option for the Date Entry Calendar to choose wether the week starts on Sunday or Monday. I much prefer it to start on Sunday and I see no way to change it. Keep up the good work. It is much appreciated.

• March 11, 2014 at 7:15 am

Hi Darwin, my new calendar view supports it in the code, and there is even a global setting in iOS 7 for this. But I failed to find out how to access this global setting.