Home > Announcements > Account Tracker PRO – Watch screenshots

Account Tracker PRO – Watch screenshots

January 10, 2016

watch1

My initial Apple watch version is quite limited in what it shows you, however until I get feedback, it is what it is. 🙂

This first screenshot shows a list of all of your accounts and their balances. If you reconcile by date, the balance will be today’s, otherwise it will be your reconciled balance.

At the moment the app shows all accounts, but in my next update I will get it to honour your hidden account settings.

The second screenshot is the glance view. The top figure is the total of your account balances (from above), taking into account whether or not to exclude a given account from your totals (the same as on your iPhone).

The bottom figure is the amount remaining on your overall spending budget (i.e. across ALL accounts). This should be the figure shown at the top right of your budgets screen. Clearly it also depends on which period you are looking at.

The graphic is a round version of the bars shown on the iPhone, red (outside) for spending, yellow (middle) for income and blue (inside) for transfers.

If you tap the glance view, it will launch the app to show your account balances.

Note that the watch gets the latest data from your iPhone at two specific times: when you close the iPhone app and when you launch the watch app. There can be a short delay before the figures are updated in both situations, especially the second one.

1. Michael Grange
    January 24, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Hello Graham
    I’m obviously doing something wrong. My problem is regarding the view in glances on the watch (your second screen shot). On the App I have set up an annual budget on one of my accounts & loaded it with spending & income sums but no transfers. However the glances view shows the account balance with 0% below & no movement on the colour rings ?

• January 24, 2016 at 2:29 pm

The glance only shows your overall budgets, across all accounts. On iOS you can set budgets per account, per account group and across all accounts. The glance is a single screen and I have to pick something to show there – I chose the overall budget figures. I will clarify that in the documentation as it is not clear. Thanks!

2. Gabriel
    January 16, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Hello Graham,

I’ve been using Account Tracker (paid version) since December last year. I bought Pro as soon as I read about it when upgrading the paid app.

I use your app daily for keep tracking of income/expenses and was very happy to see the Apple Watch is now supported, especially after your last known comments to me on this were that you didn’t really see the point of the watch or something to that extent.

That being said, I would like to see complications coming to the Apple Watch app (perhaps a big one for the modular watch face and a smaller one that can be used in the corners of the other faces). This would be best used, I think, for showing the account total, similar to the first line of the glance. And speaking of the glance, to me it looks like the rings shown on the glance are pixelated somewhat. If this isn’t just me, this could perhaps be fixed in the next update.

Thank you!

• January 18, 2016 at 9:43 pm

I have fixed the lack-of-retina-image issue and this will be in my next update.

• Gabriel
        January 19, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Cool, thanks. What about plans for complications?

• January 19, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Yes, these are possible.

3. Mick Kilburn
    January 10, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Graham firstly keep it up. I rely on your account tracker and I have just purchased Pro. I am happy for paid update too as know the work it involved.
    My reason for this message is just to inform you of s glitch I am having to see if it has popped up elsewhere.
    I have 2 iPhones and my iPad PRO on your new tracker.
    Copied back ups to all 3 fine. My main iPhone is my primary and the second iPhone set up as secondary ok. It was seen by primary and synced no problems.
    However my iPad pro loads the back up fine. When I go to sync the primary sees it but that is as far as it goes. When I press ok on primary to start sync the process freezes and no sync takes place.
    Any ideas.

• January 10, 2016 at 7:58 pm

This is nothing to do with the Apple Watch screenshots or in fact my Pro version of the app. Sounds like a general iCloud issue. Please see my support page where I have this covered.

4. Jean
    January 10, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I finally figured the balance on watch versus the iPhone. Works great! One feature that could be added to the watch is when you click on an account, it shows you the scheduled transactions for that account for the next 3-5 days? Just an idea…

5. Ian
    January 10, 2016 at 5:08 pm

The different view on the watch for recon transactions by date or transaction is causing me problems? Its the same account total on the iphone whichever format i use but on the watch it gives me different account totals if i use date recon as opposed to transaction recon if that makes sense??

• January 10, 2016 at 5:38 pm

You are not looking at reconciled balances on the iPhone, which is why they are different. The watch will display reconciled balances if you are manually reconciling (by transaction).

6. Vilhelm
    January 10, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Graham, I have been a long term user of this brilliant app. It just gets better, l would have paid twice the amount ! Great app great support. This is the best forget the rest.

1. January 16, 2016 at 9:15 am