Home > Announcements > Account Tracker for Mac update #9

Account Tracker for Mac update #9

July 3, 2016

atmac64It’s been a while, but I have been playing with OS X again!

My previous concerns regarding CloudKit were proven wrong, and I have now got an app that can get through an initial iCloud sync with my iOS device(s). You can see this in the screenshot below, with my iMac as a secondary device to my iPhone.

There is still a lot to do of course, however this is a major step forward. Next I need to get the Mac app listening for iOS changes (more or less done) and applying them to the data shown.

I then need to slowly work through some of the obvious editing that you might want to do on a Mac, and pushing these changes (via iCloud syncing) to iOS. The majority of this is just UI work, as the sync process is already working.

If you still don’t have my backup viewer, please consider buying it to show your interest (only a few 100 of you have so far). When I release a version that does two-way syncing with iOS, I will be creating an app bundle that will give all existing Mac customers a discount of the full price of the backup viewer, i.e. you will effectively get your money back.

There will be further updates as and when I make progress.

2016-07-03 22.07.07

1. Gary
    July 7, 2016 at 1:38 am

Graham,
    Have comments been changed? All I can find is most of 2015 and July 3rd through today.
    Thanks, Gary

2. Keith Barber
    July 5, 2016 at 10:34 am

Hi Graham

Can you please provide link to backup viewer as i cannot find it.

Best wishes

keith Barber >

3. Derek Lloyd
    July 4, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I’ve had for some time the Account Tracker then the Pro on my phone and pad as well as the ATB on my iMac, and will buy the new version as soon as it is available. It has been such a valuable tool for me and my money!! Thank you.

4. Graham Hewings
    July 4, 2016 at 8:25 am

Great news. I purchased the ATB when it was first issued and will buy the new version as soon as it available. I have been using Account Tracker since 2011 and find an indispensable tool in keeping on top of my finances. Keep up the great work the level of support you provide.

5. Byronski
    July 4, 2016 at 8:24 am

I already have a Mac viewer. Can’t remember whether I purchased it or whether it was a freebie. How do I go about purchasing a Mac version to show that I have a commitment to buy a full version.

• July 4, 2016 at 8:27 am

It has never been a freebie, so you are fine. Thanks!

6. July 3, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Excellent news – I will be buying for sure.

7. Bill Paine
    July 3, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Look forward to it, good luck! Have previously purchased the ATB viewer but the sync function would make it much more usable.