Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 3.8.1 now available

Account Tracker 3.8.1 now available

May 29, 2012

It seems that a few of you didn’t like the transaction views I added in my last update. I have therefore hidden these by default, but you can enable them again from the Edit screen.

Changed the left and right arrows to step through the different balance views (today, available, minimum and reconciled). Previously they scrolled the account list, which I think is unnecessary given the likely number of accounts.

Changed the transaction screens to always display amounts in the currency of the transaction itself (rather than your default currency).

When using manual reconcile mode, reversed the actions on the tick button. By default this will go into reconcile mode, and if you tap and hold, it will switch between showing and hiding reconciled transactions.

Now that transfer budgets take into account the direction, added the ability to choose between transfers in and transfers out when setting the budget. The former is like income, and the latter like spending.

Added an “update rates now” option at the bottom of the settings screen, together with a note telling you when they were last updated. You shouldn’t really need to do this as it happens automatically (every hour on WiFi, less frequently on 3G).

Added a few reset options, for example if you wanted to start over or simply restore the default settings.

1. Keith Turner
    June 5, 2012 at 8:18 am

AT version 3.8.1 has some great new features, but is there any way to remove the cheque number field in the transaction entry, or have the option to display it or not.

Keith

• June 5, 2012 at 9:57 am

Hi Keith, I removed this option as most people have at least one account they use the occasional cheque for. However I am considering putting it back.

2. Roy
    June 2, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Graham
    We have been in contact also. Excellent app, but most recent update has the cheque option before notes. I wonder how many still use cheques but any chance the notes button is before the cheque one? Or provide an on off for cheques in setup?
    Roy

• June 3, 2012 at 10:13 am

Hi Roy, I removed the cheques option because most people use the odd cheque on at least one of their accounts. But I can also see that some people don’t. I am considering putting back the disable cheques option.

3. Donavan
    June 1, 2012 at 12:58 pm

In version 3.8.1 of your app I like the changes to the reconciliation button, single tap enters reconciliation mode and tap and hold to show reconciled items. What seems to have changed now is during reconciliation mode the whole item used to gray out, now it just inserts a little check next to the category. I preferred to old way, as I tend to fat-finger the screen, and it was more obvious which I’d already tapped, or if I’d accidentally tapped something.

• June 1, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Hi, this is documented on my known issues page and will be fixed in my next update.

4. Grant
    June 1, 2012 at 12:38 am

Graham,

I have provided feedback on your app before and once again wish to congratulate you on a fantastic app that has allowed me to break free from my desktop completely (use to be tied to Quicken for account managment). On a couple of occasions I have had reason to discontinue a recurring transaction and have deleted it on the transaction page and then realised that it removes all past transactions as well as future ones, requiring me to re-enter all of them again and change the end date to retain the past transactions. Are you able to include a pop up alert when you delete a recurring transaction to ask if you wish to delete all past transactions or only from this point forward, similar in fashion to the popup that asks whether to delete a series or occurance?

Additionally, in the report graphic for account balance history are you able to implement a feature where you can scroll your finger along the line and a corresponding mark on the base line indicates day of the month (or similar depending on the period of view) and the account balance? This would assist in seeing daily balances on the graph rather than switching back to the accounts page.

Again, a fantastic app and one that I look forward to receiving updates for. Keep up the hard work on meeting everyones needs; we appreciate your efforts.

Grant

• June 1, 2012 at 7:40 am

Hi Grant, there is already a popup that explains about deleting the series removing past transactions and that to end the series you need to edit the end date. I will have a think about how to make that more obvious. Your graph suggestion is on my list – I already support that in my Meters app.

• Donavan
        June 1, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I have had this same problem, and feel the current solution of editing the end date is less than obvious. Perhaps a button in the Edit transaction screen by the Delete button that simply ends the recurrence would work.

5. Ian Gates
    May 31, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Love the App but recent v3.8.1 update runs very slowly with long pauses when you reconcile and move between accounts. I have used this app daily for nearly 2 years now and at the moment cringe when I have to enter transactions.

Ian

• May 31, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Hi Ian, there is a chance that a fix I put in for transaction ordering within the same day might cause a slowdown which would be noticeable on older devices, especially if you have a large number of transactions (in your case around 2000). I will improve on this in my next update.

6. Dave
    May 31, 2012 at 12:09 am

Absolutely incredible Finance app – use it daily.
    I mentioned it on my review on the App Store but thought it may get lost in the many positive reviews you’ve had in response to your recent update…. Anyway, would it be possible to have conditional formatting within the application, on the ‘Accounts’ section? So I want to see all my transactions car related in yellow, work related then blue, etc. I know we have a visual on this from the graphs but I just like the ability to colour code and play with data (you would never tell I’m a data analyst!)

Not sure if it’s possible but thought I’d drop by and post my idea for a future update.

Thanks very much,
    Dave

• May 31, 2012 at 7:16 am

Hi Dave, of course it’s possible, but setting it up would require a fair bit of configuring.

7. Rob Oravec
    May 30, 2012 at 8:20 am

Hi,

Firstly thanks for an awesome app. Tried so many buy this is the one!

I’ve noticed after this last update that the accounts screen now shows balances in the relevant currency and not the default currency as before.
    Any chance of having both options as i found it very useful please!?
    The total balance is shown in the default configured currency.
    Many thanks again.
    Rob

• May 30, 2012 at 8:24 am

Hi Rob, I made two minor change in this area. First if all accounts in the group are excluded, I show the group total rather than 0 (even though they are excluded from the overall total). And second, if all accounts in the group are the same currency, I show the total in that currency. If you had an account in a different currency in the group, it would force it to convert to your default currency.