Home > Announcements > Meter Readings 3.2.1 now available

Meter Readings 3.2.1 now available

October 9, 2012

Added support for the larger retina display on the iPhone 5 and the new iPod Touch (NOTE: the minimum iOS version is now 4.3).

Moved some of the power user features into the basic app (e.g. additional meter types, import/export readings via CSV files and keyboard entry). Also increased the number of meters supported to 5.

Reduced the price of the power user upgrade.

Bug fixes.

1. Tim Henry
    January 20, 2013 at 1:26 pm

How do you import previous meter readings from .csv file?

Tim

2. Steve cooke
    December 3, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Please can you add the ability to have 50% of generated as export and rate on a generation meter to suit a FITT tariff

• December 3, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Hi Steve, this is covered in the frequently asked questions bit on my support page …

Feed in tariffs – in the UK, you earn a fixed amount per unit generated, plus a smaller amount (3.1p?) based on 50% of these units. Since 3.1p for 50% of your units is the same as 1.55p for 100% of your units, simply add 1.55p to your main rate.

3. Per H
    November 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Hi Graham
    I love your app and use it every week.
    I have a few ideas for your app, that i want to give you.
    Under “Type” you have almost all major types, but not “Wood” , here in Denmark a lot off people use Woodpellets or just plain Wood.
    The type “Oil” and “District Heating” is not there either. I have District Heating
    I know that there is “Other” but i like perfection. 🙂

Also under the heating section (District Heating, Gas, Oil, Wood and Electricity) you could add inside/outside temperatur or even degree days. You could look here http://www.degreedays.net/
    Maybe this could be done automatic, from a database, where you choose your location.
    That could give some new and interesting statistics.

This is just ideas.

Sincere regards Per H

• November 19, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Hi Per, the meter type is not actually used for anything, and is not displayed anywhere really, other than where it is set. Its only use is for the price comparison feature in the UK (where I need to know which meter is Electricity and which is Gas).
      Supporting degree days is not really possible, as each user would have to subscribe to their data service (at great cost). I can’t do this centrally as I have far too many users (making the number of queries and therefore the cost prohibitive).
      And manually adding temperature readings would only make sense if you did it often enough to get meaningful data out. At least daily if not more often.

• Per H
        November 19, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Thankyou for Quick reply
        Maybe i Am wrong, but at the site http://www.degreedays.net/ it seems that you Can choose your location and get date for free.

• November 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Hi, that is for the web access. For the app to automatically get the data, see http://www.degreedays.net/api/signup.

• Per H
            November 19, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Ohhhh did’nt see that

4. Samuel Dacre
    October 23, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I’ve recently purchased the pro meters app. Think it works great. Makes life so much easier for me. My only trouble is that I can’t enable the iCloud backup tab.

Can you help me please?

• October 23, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Hi Samuel, iCloud is one of the features in the “Power User” upgrade. It only costs $0.99/£0.69/€0.79.

5. Pierre Hilson
    October 20, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I’m still happy with your app after quite a few months using it. The only thing I would love to see is the graphes showing the different curves or bars all at once. This would be an additional view when we are in landscape. Like the ‘Total’, we may have a split view. You may have a ‘Stack’ view as well. Just an idea.

I’m actually contacting you because my father just bought an iPad and his first purchase will be you soft. Unfortunately he speaks French only and I’m willing to help him, to help you.

How could I help you translating it into French ?

Pierre

• October 20, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Hi Pierre, many thanks for the offer. I don’t have the time to do translations right now, but perhaps in 3-6 months I might be able to. I will let you know nearer the time.