Home > Uncategorized > Account Tracker 4.3.1 now available

Account Tracker 4.3.1 now available

September 4, 2014

aticon57 atficon57 Fixed the syncing issues I introduced in the last update.

Extended the new transaction workflow improvement to users who don’t use either the details field or the category field.

Fixed a layout issue to do with long category names overlapping the category button (again).

Other bug fixes, including iOS 8 support.

1. M
    September 20, 2014 at 8:32 am

Hi Graham, firstly, thank you for a brilliant App I’ve been using it for years & it helps me keep things in order- I’d be lost (or broke!) without it! I have updated to ios 8 & migrated to the cloud drive but can’t get any of my devices to sync at all. Do you have any advice on how to sync my devices without having to enter transactions separately on each one? Many thanks M

• September 20, 2014 at 9:19 am

Hi M, iCloudDrive is not supported as it is not compatible with non-iOS 8 devices. Unfortunately once enabled you can’t disable it. Family sync using Dropbox should continue to work, also exchanging backup files. But the latter won’t work between iCloud Drive and previous devices. I am disappointed that Apple have come up with something that is not backwards compatible, and that once enabled there is no going back. 😦

• M
        September 20, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Hi Graham thanks so much for your speedy response it’s so nice to have direct contact with you! All my devices were updated with iOS 8 as soon as it was made available & migrated to the new iCloud drive, so I was hoping that they would sync successfully. I have the facility to backup to both iCloud & Dropbox & I know that I bought an in-app purchase for something but it was so long ago that I’m not not sure what for or if I have the facility for family sync. Is this going to be a permenant situation or will we, at some point, have the same seemless syncing facilities that we’ve been spoilt with up ’til now? It all worked so beautifully before, as soon as I opened the app on any of my devices it automatically prompted a sync & it was done. Thanks ever so much for your reply. Best wishes M

• September 20, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Hi M, if all devices are using iCloud Drive, it might work – I don’t yet know as its difficult for me to test without removing the ability to support everyone else. Eventually it will be supported as it looks a better solution than the current (old) iCloud.

• M
            September 20, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Hi Graham, it’s not syncing across the devices as yet despite all of them running on ios8 & having the cloud update. I’ve tried switching all the devices off & on again in the hope it may magic them into action but to no avail! I’ll keep entering transactions into all of them individually until a solution is found or Apple sort their glitches out! You’re a star thanks for your help & speedy replies- I’ve made a donation for you, apologies it’s only a small one but it’s just to say thanks for your class A support! Best wishes M

• September 20, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Many thanks! I will drop you a note about syncing after my cup of tea 🙂

• M
                September 20, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Hi Graham I had success with restoring the backup from one phone to both additional devices so I’ll keep things in order like that until the automatic syncing gets back on track. Thanks again for your brilliant support, greatly appreciated. Best wishes M 😉

• September 20, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Hi M, I just sent you a mail. Someone else has had success syncing over iCloud Drive, so it should work. Note that all devices need to be running iOS 8 since Apple made this incompatible with previous iOS releases. Give it a try.

• M
                    September 20, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Fabulous
                    It’s working now!!
                    It definitely wasn’t before as I didn’t have to touch any settings they were all correct it just wasn’t connecting but it is now!
                    Brilliant news
                    Thanks a million Graham!
                    Best wishes M 😉

2. Chris Harrison
    September 18, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Hi – I presume it’s something to do with the iCloud change with iPhone 8, but syncing between devices is currently borked. I have my iPad as my primary device, but cannot get my iPhone to correctly sync as secondary, it brings up the dialog box (wait a few minutes until this disappears) having first had a dialog appear on the primary device … but the dialog box on the secondary iPhone never actually disappears (30 minutes and counting).

The iPad has been 8.0 for a few weeks (via a developer preview) but the iPhone was only 8.0 yesterday. Might that be a reason?

Any thoughts?

• September 18, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Hi Chris, is this normal iCloud or iCloud Drive? I doubt the latter will work at all.

• unsliced
        September 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I did migrate across to iCloud Drive.

What is the outlook for iCloud Drive – will the sync ever work with that?

• September 18, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Hi, yes eventually. However that is a very restricted solution just now as it only works on iOS 8. It’s not a priority for sure.

• unsliced
            September 18, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Fair enough.

I might have to look at the dropbox sync alternative then.