As 2014 comes to a close, I would like to wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year – hopefully 2015 will be a good one too!
Here are some personal highlights from the past 12 months …
- My wife turned 50 and celebrated by completing her first marathon!
- I climbed 47 new Munros (Scottish hills over 3000ft), finishing my 25 year round on 19th November
- After 16 years, my ex-company decided to get rid of our entire group making 80 people redundant 😦
- Unemployment was short lived as a competitor flew in and hired almost everyone! 🙂
- I went on 173 runs, clocking up over 1500 km with almost 31 km of ascent
Some app highlights …
- My website had 134,030 views from 43,603 visitors. These came from 163 countries!
- There were 1945 comments, which probably means I answered close to 1000 queries (or 3 per day!)
- iOS 8 was released. Still lots of bugs in Apple’s code, particularly around iCloud 😦
- I launched a backup viewer for Mac but this hasn’t been particularly successful 😦
- I did 25 (FREE) app updates throughout the year: 9 on Account Tracker, 7 on Hill Lists, 6 on Meter Readings and 3 on my Mac app
- I am thinking about a rewrite of Account Tracker for 2015. We’ll see …
Now, its time for a beer I think … cheers!
(Shamelessly copied and edited from last year)