Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 3.8 now available

Account Tracker 3.8 now available

May 11, 2012

This update cleans up the user interface a bit and (hopefully) simplifies things for new users.

On the main accounts screen, the left and right arrows now scroll to the top and bottom of the account list. To change the balances shown (e.g. between Today, Available, Minimum and Reconciled) simply tap on the actual balance at the top of the screen. And if you have marked some accounts as hidden, pull down, hold and release the accounts list to switch between showing and hiding accounts.

On the individual account screens, the left and right arrows scroll up and down (as above), and tapping on the balance itself scrolls to today. Search and CSV export should be obvious (no change). The tick button switches between showing and hiding reconciled transactions, and if you are using manual reconcile mode, you can enable an optimisation to tap and hold it to reconcile your transactions.

The Set Balance feature has now been moved to the per-account settings. Here you can set or correct the current balance of an account, and the app adjusts the opening balance for you. This is useful if you just want to correct things, or are tracking the current value of an investment account.

Back on the main accounts screen and right at the bottom (use the right arrow to scroll), you can now view all transactions up to the current date across all accounts (a popular request). Also all recurring transactions, all scheduled transactions (to the end of the following month) and a summary of your upcoming (and overdue!) reminders. These different views replace the All/Recurring Only/Non-recurring filter on the per-account screen. The numbers in grey are your transaction counts.

Added a search option to the transaction list views (e.g. those added above, plus the ones accessed via the budgets and reports screens).

Changed the transfer budgets and reports to take into account the direction of the transfer, depending on the accounts you are looking at. Having thought about this a lot, I think this change makes sense. When looking at an individual account, you will see transfers in as positive and transfers out as negative. For account groups or while looking at all accounts together, you might find that some transfers will have no effect, so they are counted as zero. Please get in touch if this change causes you problems.

Replaced the last pixelated images with retina ones (don’t know why this took me so long!).

NOTE: I am hoping to get auto-syncing working and added as part of version 3.9.

1. Elise Martinez
    December 17, 2012 at 12:34 am

I would like my reports total the amount of money transferred in that category. All of my transfers on my reports just say zero%. I can see the transfers but reports make it seem like no transfers have happened.

• December 17, 2012 at 7:20 am

Hi Elise, this is because you are looking at a report that covers multiple accounts and you are simply moving money between them. There is no flow of funds in or out. If you change the report to look at individual accounts or perhaps groups, you will see the result of moving funds around. This is explained in the frequently asked questions section at the top of my support page.

2. Rip
    May 17, 2012 at 11:50 pm

On your next update could I suggest you add
    Undo and auto backup to iCloud features please.

Also please add options to hide the arrows you introduced on the latest update.

Regards

• May 18, 2012 at 8:25 am

Hi, undo is difficult to do as there are literally 100s of places where you edit things. Auto-backup is something that is likely to come when I add automatic syncing. And no I’m not changing the UI, sorry.

3. Nic Parham
    May 15, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Account tracker is a great, clean app with a user friendly interface but I have one problem: there is no ability to allocate expenses or income to projects/suppliers. Would be great if you could add this feature. Thanks

• May 15, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Hi Nic, you could use virtual accounts for this, and use transfers.

• Nic
        May 15, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Graham,
        Not quite sure what you mean (and have just looked on the support page but not found any reference to virtual accounts). If I understand correctly, you are suggesting I set up different accounts for each ‘project’. My problem with this is that I work in Europe and use six currencies regularly (i.e. live in Lithuania; paid in GBP, NOK and Euros,: work in switzerland and many other countries – although, for these I usually manually convert to USD)
        I already have two caegories: Domestic and Work and within Work six different currency accounts. I wouldn’t want to multiply the six currency accounts by 5 (or more) clients/projects – I’d end up with 30 work accounts! Also it would be more complicated to reconcile with the bank accounts.
        I was thinking that it might be possible to tag each transaction with a ‘project’ and then have the ability to filter reports by project. Perhaps too difficult?

• May 15, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Hi Nic, not sure why you would need 5 accounts per client, surely 1 would do? Anyway if that wouldn’t work for you, why don’t you just use a single category per client, or use the details field instead? That way you could use the reports as is. Failing that, just add their name in the notes, then you can easily search transactions by the tag you use.

4. Pauline Wager
    May 14, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Re the new facility to view all transactions – Is there any way to remove this? I live in Dubai so have accounts here in Dirhams and UK accounts in pounds sterling. I need them separate, not all added together. I don’t want to know what my next phone bill is in UK pounds, its not relevant!

• May 14, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Hi Pauline, oops – I hadn’t thought about that. The screen I use to display these transactions should really use the currency of each account, not your default currency. I will fix that ASAP. Note that the new transaction views let you search across all of your accounts, as well as seeing all of your upcoming and reminder transactions in one place.