Home > Announcements > Account Tracker 3.8.2 now available

Account Tracker 3.8.2 now available

July 16, 2012

This is a minor update to fix a couple of recently reported issues.

ADDED a per-account setting to let you hide the cheque/check number field.

ADDED an option to delete an occurrence plus all future occurrences of a recurring transaction (i.e. end the series).

ADDED support for weekend adjustment when the recurring interval is on the same date every 2 or more months.

CHANGED the edit transaction screen to require you to save changes (or cancel). This is in response to a number of requests I’ve had to implement some kind of undo functionality. This change also makes it easier to track changes for syncing (coming VERY soon).

CHANGED the group totals to always convert to the default currency if you only have a single foreign account in the group.

CHANGED the red “zero” line on the balance graph for a single account to show your alert limit instead.

FIXED bugs to do with the tap and hold message appearing multiple times, transactions shown in black instead of grey while reconciling, plus a performance issue introduced in the last update.

1. Dave
    July 25, 2012 at 12:04 am

As I’ve mentioned before I love your app. Lately I have noticed a couple of things that seem buggy to me:
    1) When I add a new transaction and choose a store from the “Details” list, I cannot choose a category other than one that has been previously associated with that store. Even when I begin to type it in and press “search” I get nothing. I am forced to press the cancel button then click on “Category” separately in order to populate the list of categories.
    2) I have an account set up to track a small lump sum investment. I created a recurring transaction for the end of every month to track the profit/loss. Last month I had a net gain, and this month when I entered a net loss it also switched last month’s gain to a loss. It seems I cannot make one a positive transaction while the other is a negative transaction.
    Thanks,
    Dave

• July 25, 2012 at 12:17 am

Hi Dave, neither of these are bugs. The first is a feature that lets you quickly pick categories previously used for the selected details field. If you want to enter a new one, tap Cancel (“I don’t want to use a previously used category”) and set a new category directly.
      The second is because each transaction (recurring or not) has a single transaction type. While you can change this (if you make a mistake), you can’t change each occurrence to be something different. Either enter your transactions as one-offs, or set up two sequences and delete the occurrence you don’t need.

• Dave
        July 25, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. I wondered if that was the case for the category entry. I have set up two sequences as you suggested for the profit/loss entry as I like the reminder of a recurring transaction rather than one-offs. Thanks

2. Tommy
    July 22, 2012 at 5:10 am

Love the app. You’ve provided the ability to copy transactions to today. Could you also provide an ability to copy transactions to a future date by allowing the user to select a date from the calendar?

• jk
      July 22, 2012 at 9:25 am

I agree too. future and past.

• July 22, 2012 at 9:28 am

Hi, you can do both of these simply by selecting the transaction first, then setting the date.

3. jk
    July 18, 2012 at 4:50 am

Hi Graham.
    First, thanks for your great app.
    I polite suggest adding some report style.
    ex) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61952348/suggestion.jpg
    1. balance per account.
    2. trend style graph in spending. (not pie style)
    3. option to hidden(and unhidden) specific report page.
    and, adding appearance option [Positive in blue].
    Please consider to do.
    Best regards.

• July 18, 2012 at 8:55 am

Hi jk, you can see a balance graph per account by selecting the accounts from the top left of that screen, however they are not shown together. Not enough room to do that, and highlight each account colour and limits though.
      The trend is a popular request, the complication is deciding how to show this as there could be 100s of categories, you can choose different report periods (days, weeks, months … etc) and I would need to show a set number of historical periods too (or make it scrollable sideways).
      I don’t know what you mean by positive in blue (well I do, just not where??).

• jk
        July 18, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Thanks for your reply!
        [Positive in blue] is simple.
        Up to now, color of negative(spending) transactions = Red, Positive(income) = Black. Transfer = Gray.
        Here, I want a choice that color of positive(income) transaction to blue.
        Positive(income) = Black -> Blue.

• July 18, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Hi jk, ok, I see what you mean.

4. Oli
    July 17, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Hi, great app so many thanks. Just a minor thing, I found the red line set at 0 very useful, I know I could set that as the alert limit and get it back, but having an overdraft I want the alert limit at that. Would it be possible to have a red line option for both?

• July 18, 2012 at 12:04 am

Hi Oli, hmmm – if I displayed the line at both levels, you wouldn’t know which was being shown when the range of the graph only included one line.

5. Toni
    July 17, 2012 at 4:02 pm

My account tracker disappeared off my phone today. Do I have to reinstall account tracker and if so, will I have to put in all the base details again?

• July 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Hi Toni, I have sent you a mail.

6. PeTer garland
    July 17, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Graham, I love you! My account tracker has finally reloaded! Ta!

7. July 17, 2012 at 7:12 am

Ooo I like that alert limit as the red line thing. Very good for me.

8. jk
    July 17, 2012 at 3:50 am

Very nice update!
    But first scroll position is not correct in [All/Recurring] transactions.
    Why start scroll position isn’t focus on recent transaction?

• July 17, 2012 at 7:38 am

Hi jk, this is not something I have changed in 3.8.2.

9. July 16, 2012 at 10:00 pm

A superb app – thank you! However a search / find option through all entries would be good and perhaps some print report options. However it is still quite excellent.

• July 16, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Hi Malcolm, search is supported – just enable the “all / recurring transactions” view on the main screen by tapping Edit and scrolling to the bottom. When you select this new row it will show all transactions across all accounts up to the current date. You can search at the top.
      For printing, you can export and of the reports as a PDF file, and you should be able to print from there.