Home > Announcements > Account Tracker Free updated

Account Tracker Free updated

July 2, 2014

aticon57 I have just updated my free version to 4.2, to bring it into line with the paid version of Account Tracker (in case you hadn’t noticed, I removed the free version from the AppStore about 2 months ago).

Making money off the AppStore is becoming more and more difficult, so I am experimenting with a new model of revenue generation. I have removed the 25 transaction restriction, so people can continue to use it as a full blown personal finance app indefinitely. What is not included though are the following additional features …

– PIN code security
– Export your transactions in CSV format
– Export (and print) your reports in PDF format
– Limited support for stock valuations (see my support website for details)
– Backup and restore your data, giving you far more control over the basic (and sometimes unreliable) iTunes backups
– Share your backup files between devices, including my Mac viewer
– Database syncing (requires an additional in-app purchase)

I am hoping that more people will try my app, and will ultimately buy the full version to get these additional features (and more). We will see how it goes!

1. Mike Stanbridge
    August 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Graham, Very good app but still haven’t discovered how you can purge cleared/reconciled transactions and retain the current balance. Can you help please?

• August 7, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Hi Mike, not sure why would you want to do that as it makes the reports less than useful. You can hide reconciled transactions if you want. Or delete very old transactions one year at a time from the advanced settings (reset).

2. Zippy
    July 31, 2014 at 11:35 am

Absolutely brilliant app and the ATB Viewer is coming along nicely, thank you. I’ve been struggling with my finances for some time following illness, losing my job etc etc………….

Account Tracker has been a very significant factor in helping me to keep my account in the positive for over a year. Thank you

• July 31, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Hi Zippy, glad you find it useful!

3. Gary Hunter
    July 2, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Graham I wish you had time and resources to make Android version. I absolutely miss Account Tracker used it for years and had many email exchanges of thanks to you for such a great app. It’s the best! However I fell out of love with Apple. I stayed a year longer with Apple only because of your app. Searching for something that came close to it and found nothing on Android even to this day.

Your good man and have great product and truly care about your users. I know that first hand.

Maybe someday I will be back to Apple or you may find way to make Android version? Either the case I still follow your emails to stay updated on Account Tracker.

Take care sir. Keep that app going strong.

Gary.
    Michigan, USA

• July 2, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Hi Gary, thanks! Personally I am not interested in Android. Life is just too short … 🙂

4. Peter Nehammer
    July 2, 2014 at 11:08 pm

You’ve created a remarkable piece of software (amongst others) with a talent that will prevail and surely bring its rewards, both personal and financial.
    Peter N

5. July 2, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Love the product don’t stop what you do you are fab at it 🙂