Home > Announcements > Account Tracker PRO now available

Account Tracker PRO now available

January 9, 2016

atp57Account Tracker Pro is my first paid app upgrade since I launched Account Tracker in 2009. It is a similar but separate app, and includes the following additional features …

• Apple Watch support, showing up-to-date account balances and a snapshot of your main budgets (see below)
  • 3D Touch support, to quickly launch into adding a new transaction or searching across your accounts (just push on the app icon on a supported device)
  • AirDrop support, to quickly and securely share your backup files between devices (replacing the clunky WiFi option)
  • Database syncing over iCloud or Dropbox built in (no in-app purchases required)
  • New colour schemes (see advanced settings)
  • Minor user interface improvements

If you like Account Tracker and want more out of it, please consider upgrading as this helps support ongoing development (sadly new app sales simply don’t cover this any more). Once installed, you can copy your data between the two apps using the Backups feature (e.g. by sharing a backup over iCloud or Dropbox).

Note that Apple Watch support is currently fairly basic, as is the platform itself! Let me know what else you would like to see and I will continue to develop this with each update. Long term users will know what to expect. 🙂

Account Tracker Pro on the AppStore

1. Charles Fletcher
    January 19, 2016 at 7:09 am

Hi Graham. Been a paid user for 4years nearly.
    I find your app superb for all my accounting needs. Even bought it the wife 😐
    I understand the constraints of building the apps & their support needs, but please keep up the great job. Will look at Pro version as currently have iPhone 6s. Regards, Charles.

2. Quintus Cary
    January 18, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Hi Graham, excellent app which I have used for years, and will continue doing so. Having paid for the original, and also understanding that you would like us to pay for the new Pro version, it may be very useful if you made it very clear that in fact to use the Pro version, regardless of whether you have a paid for or not version, you will need to purchase. As an aside, the UK cost is flagged as £4.99 and not the quoted buy now discounted price of £0.99p
    Thank you.
    Q

• January 18, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Where is it unclear that the PRO version is not a separate app, which clearly you have to pay for? Note that the discounted price (which is not £0.99 BTW!) is for users upgrading from the FREE version to the PAID version, not PAID to PRO. The FREE version is no longer supported and will be removed from the AppStore any day now …

3. Barry
    January 18, 2016 at 10:50 am

My balances still do not match on my Apple Watch (except for one). It is probably something I have done ‘wrong’ but I would like to get it right if possible. I previously reconciled to ‘transaction’ but have changed this to ‘date’ in Settings as you suggest on the web link but it still does not show the balance indicated on the iPhone. Would appreciate your help as it is a great App.

• January 18, 2016 at 6:44 pm

You are probably looking at a different set of balances on your iPhone – you can change them by tapping the total at the top. The watch shows Today’s balances or Reconciled balances depending on whether you are reconciling by date or by transaction (respectively).

4. Kevin H
    January 16, 2016 at 6:18 pm

I have used your app for about three years and it has served me well. Got the message of the Pro version I purchased it to try and support your excellent work.

• January 16, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Thanks Kevin!

5. Stuart summers
    January 16, 2016 at 8:50 am

Hi Graham
    I have just bought Pro and checked it out on my Apple Watch. Whilst the app seems fine on the iPhone, the balances on the watch are incorrect.

6. Jean
    January 9, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Great update Graham. I like the new colour scheme option and the watch/3D functions. My only question is how does the watch update the balance. For example, I put in a transaction but the watch app doesn’t update the new balance. Hopefully, this app will generate well earned revenues for you.

• January 9, 2016 at 7:33 pm

When the iPhone app closes, it pushes the latest data to the watch, and when the watch app launches it asks the iPhone for the latest data.

7. Elizabeth Bogunovic
    January 9, 2016 at 5:05 pm

I paid for my current app so do I need to pay again?

I used to use lizbogunovic@sky.com

Best Regards

Liz Bogunovic

Best Regards

Liz Bogunovic >

8. Gary Hunter
    January 9, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Thanks Graham!!! I love the pro version!!! I’ve been using Account Tracker for years. I really like the watch screen, especially as a glance. It’s exactly what I needed for quick look at all my account balances. Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to the app. I’ve mentioned it to you before, I have tried hundreds of account tracking type apps and PC software. There has been nothing that even remotely comes close to Account Tracker for the way I like to manage my money.

9. Derek Lloyd.
    January 9, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Hi Graham, it is evident due to the quality of all your apps that you put a lot of time and hard work into improving and maintaining them. I hope like me, many more will continue with their support for you. I’ve just upgraded to PRO and can already see the benefits it has and will do in the future. Many thanks Derek Lloyd.

10. Jon Short
    January 9, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Thanks Does the account pro have the ability to add interest rates i.e for mortgages or isas?

Regards

Jon Short Sent from Jon’s iPhone

• January 9, 2016 at 1:05 pm

No, and no plans either.

11. Eric Heaton
    January 9, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Hi Graham, will this pro version sync with the viewer I have in my iMac? Thanks Eric

• January 9, 2016 at 12:57 pm

12. Chris Wilson
    January 9, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Happy to support you by buying the Pro Version. Just bought in the App Store a few moments ago.
    This app has helped change my finances beyond recognition. Thanks!

13. Bernard Hatch
    January 9, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Just bought it and installed it on my iPhone 6 Plus. What do I do now? I have both Account Tracker 4.7 and Account Tracker Pro 5 installed which is confusing. I have synced version 5 as a secondary device to 4.7 but both versions are on the same device.
    I am unable to sync with Dropbox as I receive an error message saying only a limited number of users can receive tokens whilst the app is in development mode.
    Have I just wasted my money?

• January 9, 2016 at 12:07 pm

It is up to you. It’s a separate app so you can copy your data to it and use it in place of Account Tracker (which will be updated to v5.0 today too). You can add it to the same group of devices syncing if you want, but clearly you only need to run one app per device (anything other than that would be confusing). On your Dropbox question, that is my mistake – I forgot to apply for production status! I will do that now and it will start working in a day or so. Sorry!

• January 9, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Note that Account Tracker v5.0 doesn’t have any of the new features. Just applied for Production status with Dropbox, it will be approved as soon as they look at it, hopefully!

• Bernard Hatch
        January 9, 2016 at 12:26 pm

Thanks.
        I think I’ll run both versions in tandem for a while.
        TBH the new “Pro” version doesn’t really offer much over version 4.7 for the money.
        I want to support you though. However I feel the way you have split the App into two versions is confusing for existing users. I would gladly have paid just to upgrade my current version 4.7 to the Pro version rather than have to buy a separate App.

1. January 15, 2016 at 8:20 pm